I Shouldn't have......but I did

Budman2k
Facebook ID: 0

I Shouldn't have......but I did

Post by Budman2k » March 11th 2020, 3:35pm

Well I said I was staying away from dress watches since I don't wear them as often as I used too........but did I listen. NO

I said 36mm is too small........ but did I listen. NO

I said I was cutting down my watch collection/accumulation.......but did I listen. NO

Saw this at a good price and couldn't resist.

My first Rado and my first 36.5mm watch. It seems small at first, especially after wearing my Christopher Ward Bronze Trident (42mm) today. After a while I got used to it but I'm still on the fence with the size. I've got 30 days so I'll see how I feel in a week or so. Other than size I really like it. The dial is amazing. I also like the fact that they did the date window numerals in red. The leather strap has a nice feel; not too stiff at all and I'm sure it will get softer with wear.

The Rado Golden Horse 1957

MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Re: I Shouldn't have......but I did

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 11th 2020, 6:07pm

That's one hell of a looker. If not for the colour, I'd say the overall style reminds me of my Alpina bumper auto - the style of the hands and markers certainly does.

Of Rado's vintage reissues, I've only handled the Captain Cook - and if the quality of this one is just like that of the CC, it must be a really great watch.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: I Shouldn't have......but I did

Post by TemerityB » March 12th 2020, 3:39pm

NOT too small, no way, no how.

Really sharp. Looks absolutely perfect. In 2020, 36mm is the new 50mm.

Honestly, that's quite a looker right there, and heaven knows the quality is there, too. :trophy:
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Your New Watch”