Casio Oceanus OCW-S4000 Ti/Bluetooth

tiktok

Casio Oceanus OCW-S4000 Ti/Bluetooth

Post by tiktok » July 16th 2019, 11:57pm

I have really hesitated writing a review of this watch because either a) i am trying to like it and fully missing the point or b). I guess a watch that incorporates anus into its name has something going on. Casio's Oceanus line is a JDM series that offers a 5 month solar charge, Radio Signal and Bluetooth connectivity, and according to Seiya its titanium carbide case and bracelet is actually finished by Seiko at the Zaratsu dorm room. It also offers "Tough Movement" protection against shock and awe. I grabbed a lightly used model off WUS for way below msrp. It is not an investment plan by any means. The case runs a little large at 43mm but only 48mm lug to lug and 11mm thin. The secret to its low price vs the GS 9F is the considerably thinner bracelet, the whole watch weighs 83 grams vs 105 for a Snowflake. The bracelet is actually a better fit than GS Ti bracelet, a pet peeve, but the bracelet does rattle off the wrist. This model offers perpetual calendar, bluetooth and radio time syncing, good lume, dual timezones, stopwatch and 24 hour chrono dial. If you are geeky and like to push a button, very nice pusher buttons and super legible subdials with snazzy colorways, then this would be a good acquisition on secondary market. The case is too big on this one with almost invisible Ti tachynetre bezel. Casio also made LE 1500 w/ sapphire bezels with multicolored glass done by one of these Japanese artisan guys and the watch looks better sized with this bezel. They make a smaller version without all the subdials. Here are a few shots plus one of the LE version.

ImageImage
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Casio Oceanus OCW-S4000 Ti/Bluetooth

Post by biglove » April 7th 2020, 2:33pm

Hardcore wrote:
April 7th 2020, 9:19am
Beauty watch! Let me know if you want to sell it! Looking for a used version of the S4000.
Now that's smart. Posting WTB on a year+ old post.

You are one of the ones that bought up all the damned TP, aren't you?
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
koimaster
Founder

Re: Casio Oceanus OCW-S4000 Ti/Bluetooth

Post by koimaster » April 7th 2020, 2:46pm

Hardcore wrote:
April 7th 2020, 9:19am
Beauty watch! Let me know if you want to sell it! Looking for a used version of the S4000.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... _udhi=1000

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Your New Watch”