Thinness in the House

tiktok (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Thinness in the House

Post by tiktok » April 24th 2019, 6:51pm

My Nomos Tangomat no date ruthenium dial arrived very quickly in a plain box, no papers. I got it for close to 65 percent off msrp, and while it is purportedly pre-owned I see no signs of usage, maybe a mini-blip on the extra petite crown. I have very short nails and it's hard to grab the crown when I'm used to German watch crowns being eminently chunky. The watch is 39mm, 8.5 thick and 48.5 in lug distance. Ironically I got it from Japan where maybe half my watch dollars have been spent. The first thing I noticed was that feel of vast real estate with the no bezel Bauhaus minimalist design.
The ruthenium dial and the movement are the jaw droppers. The dial goes from blackout to shiny gray depending on light and angle. I am not going to say anything about the in-house bi-directional rotor, and Glasshütte stripes.

Impressions. After all the fat Seikos in the box, this is a welcome change. Also the lug style is very dramatic, long severe lugs that scared me away from the sportier Nomos Ahoi. This one definitely works just fine, the strap is a beautiful OEM horween that is amazingly thin.
In summary, I see a lot of architecture in this one, not the brush and polish flash of Zaratsu, just a cool structural piece with killer dial that makes me a little nostalgic for the beauty of Tel Aviv. I've never had a watch remind me of a city before. And now for my meh pics which might be even worse as I'm halfway thru a course of antibiotics which make me see treble.
Image Image

"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
tiktok (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Thinness in the House

Post by tiktok » April 24th 2019, 7:22pm

Are you training to be the next Conj or was I too vague, it's the in house Epsilon mvmnt. And you T1, turned me on to the web source, TYVM.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.

Return to “Your New Watch”