New Hammy Over Here (Battery Included)

artman (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

New Hammy Over Here (Battery Included)

Post by artman » January 29th 2019, 4:53pm

HAMILTON JAZZMASTER SEAVIEW CHRONO QUARTZ (H37512731).

I've wanted a new quartz chrono for a long time that wasn't a Seiko. Nothing against that brand, but my wife said I have too many Seikos! I almost bit at the Dan Henry 1964, but I don't feel comfortable buying things that I can't try on first. Fast forward to last night, I was strolling by the watch section at DFS and BANG! Flash sale on this Hammy.

At 44mm it is pushing the limits of what I can comfortably fit on my wrist. I dig the sapphire crystal, the nice mix of brushed and polished finishing and the snappy chrono but not sure about the strap though. The salesman said it was leather. The Hamilton website says it's leather, but it feels suspiciously like soft rubber.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Cheers!
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: New Hammy Over Here (Battery Included)

Post by koimaster » January 29th 2019, 5:41pm

fantastic purchase. I like it a lot and being a Hamilton makes it even better to me. Quartz is fine, it means not having to wave your arm around like a spastic geek aviator.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 29th 2019, 5:48pm

I like it - simple and clean, with nothing redundant. Well, that's excluding a few mm of the diameter - it really wouldn't hurt Hamilton to make it 3-4mm smaller. The DH 1964 is pretty much the only DH that doesn't sing to me, and that's due to the useless 24h subdial (as is the case with anything featuring the Seiko VK64).
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 29th 2019, 8:31pm

Absolutely killer dial; this is why we need watch forums - stock photos never show nuances of a watch. Ya gotta see 'em like shown here (and not lying on a rock or on top of a reprinted 1970 issue of Thor, but what the hey).

I have a couple of older quartz Hamiltons (one a Jazzmaster) and I really like them. Hope you experience the same level of satisfaction.
It's hard to fathom a bigger clown watch than that Invicta Popeye Pro Diver. :clown:
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » January 30th 2019, 12:40pm

Very cool- the lugs are even a modern take on a throwback and the dial is great.

I think the strap is a DiModell rubberized leather strap and they are OEM for lots of divers. I got one on a Sector diver and I have been buying them ever since (once Barzini told me what it was and where to find it). Waiting for orange to come out for my PO- $750 for Omega's which is admittedly nicer, I think they use silicone, but it ain't $695 nicer. Cod could tell us what Omega's is, I believe I've seen the black one with the orange stitching parked on his PO.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
artman (Online)
Master of Time

Post by artman » January 30th 2019, 8:15pm

3Flushes wrote:Very cool- the lugs are even a modern take on a throwback and the dial is great.

I think the strap is a DiModell rubberized leather strap and they are OEM for lots of divers. I got one on a Sector diver and I have been buying them ever since (once Barzini told me what it was and where to find it). Waiting for orange to come out for my PO- $750 for Omega's which is admittedly nicer, I think they use silicone, but it ain't $695 nicer. Cod could tell us what Omega's is, I believe I've seen the black one with the orange stitching parked on his PO.

Holy crap I never knew rubberized leather straps were a real thing! Had to google and found this https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collec ... ell-straps. Cool stuff.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 31st 2019, 6:16pm

3Flushes wrote:They look great, they're comfortable and last a long time. I order straight from their website.

Rubberized leather straps are the bomb. I have one old watch with a similar strap and yeah, it looks leather but felt like rubber, and then, well, figured it out. I realize I'm one of the few that prefers rubber/silicone to bracelets or leather, but hey, I like Hydrox better than Oreos, too.
It's hard to fathom a bigger clown watch than that Invicta Popeye Pro Diver. :clown:

Return to “Your New Watch”