The Ship(po) has landed!!...

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

The Ship(po) has landed!!...

Post by Thunder1 » October 2nd 2018, 4:51pm

Today I rec'd a Seiko Presage SPB073J1 in the mail. A short description follows. The surface of the navy blue dial is a result of the Japanese enamel process termed Shippo. The guilloche texture that ripples from the center of the dial outwards is said to represent the waters near Hiroshima. The white minute and hour hands, as well as the sub-dials, provide an interesting contrast to the dial itself. The dark blue croc strap(w/ deployment buckle) fit this piece nicely. The polished SS case measures 40mm wide w/o the crown and is 14.1mm thick. The movement is the 6r27. It is # 1,891 of a Limited Edition of 2,500 examples.

Only worn it for a couple of hours to this point. I will say that the texture of the dial isn't that noticeable in an office setting, but becomes very visible under direct sunlight, however. So, so far so good!! Picked it up from Gnomon watches, whom I've had good luck w/ to date.
http://www.gnomonwatches.com/presage-sh ... f-spb073j1

Here are a few pics of it...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
tiktok (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Ship(po) has landed!!...

Post by tiktok » October 2nd 2018, 8:57pm

Every year this Presage tier improves greatly. They need to update the movement and pare down the thickness next. I'm waiting for the Prospex with the violet bezel in November. Enjoy the new addition.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.

Return to “Your New Watch”