Orient "Disc" Rainbow

Laid_Back_Dude

Re: Orient "Disc" Rainbow

Post by Laid_Back_Dude » December 24th 2012, 2:40am

TZ am very sorry for your loss. Your son was very talented indeed, a really fine looking young man. The watch is really a great memorial for your son.
Tzimisces

Post by Tzimisces » December 26th 2012, 10:06am

If anyone is interested, here is the drawing that my son outlined (and colored perhaps 10%) and my daughter finished. There are pictures within pictures and some are "upside down" (he was somewhat indifferent about that).

AJC
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by AJC » December 26th 2012, 2:17pm

Wow, only a couple of years? His eye for color is outstanding and his letter-form is pretty advanced for someone only doing this for a short period of time.

If it's alright with you could I add a couple of them to my computer background image folder?
---
-ajc
TRU-LYE
Senior Member & WIS

Post by TRU-LYE » December 28th 2012, 12:54pm

Tzimisces wrote:If anyone is interested, here is the drawing that my son outlined (and colored perhaps 10%) and my daughter finished. There are pictures within pictures and some are "upside down" (he was somewhat indifferent about that).

thank you
Tzimisces

Post by Tzimisces » December 28th 2012, 2:41pm

Thank you to everyone. My wife and I truly appreciate the sentiments and interest in his art.

John, thanks for the compliment, but any grace and class feels like a veneer. This time of year has been very difficult. Sharing something of him has been a blessing.

I understand why some people are completely undone by grief. I was raised in a traditional Yankee manner in which one stoically soldiers on. It has it's advantages, but disadvantages as well. It makes it hard to express grief, sometimes.

What can a man do? We still have children and and our own lives to lead. I will say one thing: I used to like those sappy Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, but I can't enjoy them now.
Pennapolis

Post by Pennapolis » January 14th 2013, 12:28pm

I know I'm late to this, but I've been gone for a while.

I was just thinking about it.....I can't imagine losing ANY of my "ladies". But my oldest is an excellent artist....continues to get gallery time with her work.....and I always post her artwork on my facebook page....she's just a freshman in high school but she has big aspirations. Different from your son's style but heavy use of colors all the same.

Looking at the photos of your son's artwork.....the colors and the thought process behind it......your selection of this watch is VERY appropriate.

I was thinking about ordering this VERY same watch for the very same reason as you......to remind me of my artistic child. Finding your tribute here to your son on this forum has convinced me to do the same. But now it will also remind me of your tribute as well.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.......especially during this time of year.
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » January 14th 2013, 12:58pm

Ditto above, very nice thread.
I would like to say the "unfinished " piece looks very finished and it may have more meaning if left alone. This was my type of art as well, all through school. Should have a name.. But what I really want to say is to me, it means more as an unfinished piece, left but not forgotten. Many artists have such things left as is. Manuscripts etc.
I hope you understand what I am saying, not meant in anyway to say it should not be if you want, it just touched me to see it this way. Has a kind of strong impact, hard to describe especially with the story you tell.
Best wishes
Tzimisces

Post by Tzimisces » January 16th 2013, 11:39am

Again, thanks. The unfinished one we had framed just the way it is, in fact I just picked it up today.

JJMac

Post by JJMac » February 8th 2013, 4:37am

Very late to the thread, but wanted to offer my condolences, sincere appreciation of your son's craft, and a nod of approval on watch selection!

My son is 15 months old, with what will hopefully be a long life ahead of him, but your story reminds me to emphasize every day his importance in my life and to never let a moment go uncherished.

Before he was born my wife, all on her own, purchased a watch for me to commemorate his birth - a Hamilton "Spirit of Liberty". It's really HIS watch, but I'm allowed to wear it until he turns 18! The quote on the watch, for those unaware, is "without liberty, life is a misery".

I think it's important that I remember that quote as my son navigates his life - to let him be free to express himself, form his own identity, and love him intensely no matter those results. Your story, TZ, affirms this for me and I am grateful to have heard it.

Return to “Your New Watch”