islander isl 129 incoming

bbattle (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Re: islander isl 129 incoming

Post by bbattle » September 5th 2022, 2:34pm

Sweet!

I love that crisp dial and hands combination. And the "not often seen by me" date/date windows at 6 o'clock.

Every time I think I'll pull the string on a Laco, another flieger comes along that makes me pause. or head the other way. Or lose my train of thought and go get a beer.

Be sure to give us a full report. please.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 26th 2022, 1:33pm

majt wrote:
September 26th 2022, 12:26pm
thumbnail_IMG_2645.jpg

Just in. all set up and so far so good. This model is open to any strap combo you like.
:okk:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
majt

Post by majt » September 26th 2022, 9:27pm

I'm very impressed with the quality and price point of this watch. This is the second watch from Long Island that I purchased and you might call these pieces a homage to seiko but they are much more. I love the original skx and have bought 3 in the last 10 years. Each one had quality control issues to say the least. I had to return 2 of the 3 for misaligned chapter rings, a crown that rubbed against the the guards and crap on the dial from the factory. My turtle was returned because a glob of glue was front and center on the dial. You pay 3 to 6 hundred for a watch and having to return it because of poor quality control is a piss off to say the least. I know this is a rant but I bought my first seiko 50 years ago but I've noticed a dramatic change in the last 10 years.
s-l1600.jpeg
My latest is a field watch that incorporates a tried and true seiko nh36a movement, sapphire glass with anti reflect. All for under 200$bills. My latest purchase is also easy on my 65 year old eyes. I will return to Islander for future watches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Your New Watch”