RZE Super Compressor

svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

RZE Super Compressor

Post by svaglic » August 5th 2022, 3:57pm

Got it today, not bad. I am happier then I thought I would be.
Remember the blue color they advertised it as?
D12394C3-38EE-46D3-8D8C-BE06FA8BA6D2.jpeg
Well, I’m glad it looks nothing like that. I have no idea how or why they got that blue.
This is what it looks like. You can barely see the spackling like texture, but that is a good thing to me.
E4D9F15E-2615-4E4A-894D-36098A711F98.jpeg
At some angles it’s hard to tell it’s blue, it almost looks black. Look at that, brand new, just opened and I already got dust in the picture. I wish it had a dive bezel. The customers asked for it to be like this, so they did what the customers wanted. I think the masses of customers are idiots, but it is what it is. They consider this more of a Super Compressor field watch because of the bezel.
6D12A0C9-79E5-4273-BD61-EA16CEEBB17D.jpeg
Side view, logo and a cross hatch. The screw bracelet links were easy to take out and size. They include a screwdriver, but I couldn’t get the bit to stay tight enough to actually work. I used another screwdriver I had. The edges of the links are not smooth, they are edgy. I am surprised that it doesn’t make it uncomfortable on the wrist, but it doesn’t. It is very comfortable and light weight.
D82C5EE8-B369-4FAA-8A36-4658E3EDE5A5.jpeg
And the titanium bracelet. Very generous, I took out 8 links, I can almost make another bracelet.
I wish it had a ratchet clasp. I may look for one on the cheap to put on, but a titanium one is probably costly.
94675AB6-99A7-4C9E-9F09-D7CDB153D6A0.jpeg
The back…, as you can see, it is edgy also. On the verge of sharp. Still, it is comfortable on the wrist and doesn’t leave imprints in the skin. If this wasn’t titanium, I wonder if the edginess would be a problem?
42282DF2-769C-4356-8044-E547412DD6F0.jpeg

The soft side case is a nice touch. It isn’t leather, it’s pleather or a vinyl, kink of sticks like silicone in your hand.
Cloth inside
A2C91C2D-281A-4A31-95A0-0B5730D1BF43.jpeg
The outside. Odd that there is the big Velcro on one side. Almost like it’s supposed to be hook and loop for a combat ruck. I don’t know of anyone who would actually use it for that.
B0C91721-620D-4741-AE76-06552AF76C4B.jpeg
I got it because it is a real Super Compressor made like the old days and it is in titanium.
Christopher Ward makes a Super Compressor, but I don’t care for CW. Circula makes one also, but I already have a Circula watch and didn’t really want another one. When this came around and was in titanium I decided this one would be the one I got.

It does not feel or wear like a 40mm watch, it looks smaller. Overall I’m happy with it. I think I paid 650 and it’s 699 now. I think it’s a $400.00-$450.00 watch, my opinion. They did this in titanium and it’s super compressor technology, so maybe that’s why it cost so much. If I were you and looking for one, wait til one sells used at a better price. There is a lot here to like, it’s a very decent, well built watch with cool factor technology.

Here is what they say about the bezel.
2ACF3B5E-48F3-4D0E-8495-776A7AA5B54C.jpeg
The Specs.
SPECIFICATION
Solid Titanium with ULTRAHex Coating (up to ~1200Hv hardness)
Miyota 90S5 Automatic Movement
200m (660ft) / 20ATM
Dual Screw-down crown with custom reverse engraved logo
Sand textured dials with applied indexes
12-hrs Inner rotating bezel
Swiss Superluminova
Sapphire Crystal with inner-side Super-AR
ULTRAHex Titanium bracelet
Screw-down solid titanium caseback with VITON® gasket
Included extras: Canvas gear pouch, RZE Multitool for sizing bracelet and strap change
DIMENSIONS
40mm case width
12mm case thickness
46mm case length /lug-to-lug
20mm lug width tapers to 16mm at buckle
Weight: 100-120g (with bracelet)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: RZE Super Compressor

Post by jason_recliner » August 5th 2022, 9:41pm

The Doc is correct - great review. Love the dark blue dial, it reminds me of aerial photos of the sea. Love the hands and indices.

I don't think the bracelets work on these watches at all - it's the endlinks primarily. But nobody else seems to have an issue with it so it's just me being weird. Enjoy that badboi, wear it in, yada yada...
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » August 5th 2022, 11:04pm

Glad you got it in a reasonable time frame. Let us know how accurate it is. Yours has a higher grade movement than either of mine, so it will be interesting to see if it as well regulated. I think you may be surprised by the lightweight comfort and wearability of the watch. Really like the blue dial. Congrats Allison.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » August 6th 2022, 1:21am

Always cool to read what you think of a new watch.

That's a nice looking dial — I like the deeper color, too, and the 90S5 is sure a nice touch. Look forward to seeing what you think about it after you've had it awhile.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 6th 2022, 7:13pm

I like the looks of that watch. The blue really stands out. I think the lack of a dive bezel but the inner bezel serves that function. Really nice review as well.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/g361 ... r-watches/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 8th 2022, 6:23am

koimaster wrote:
August 6th 2022, 7:13pm
I like the looks of that watch. The blue really stands out. I think the lack of a dive bezel but the inner bezel serves that function. Really nice review as well.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/g361 ... r-watches/
The inner bezel is for a dual time, not diving. I understand I don’t dive, but in my opinion, if your going to make a real super compressor I think a dive bezel would be nice. They aren’t putting this out as a dive watch though, it’s like a field watch. The one watch that fits the traveler and explorer.
They asked their customers what they wanted and the response was a bezel for a second time. I think the people who suggested this are some of the dumbest out there.
I like it but I think with a dive bezel and a ratchet clasp, this watch would have no competition with bang for buck. It is so comfortable on the wrist, perhaps the most comfortable I’ve ever worn.
Hopefully they will make ratchet clasps in the future and I can pick one up.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.

Return to “Your New Watch”