Pre-Owned Omega Constellation 368.1201

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Pre-Owned Omega Constellation 368.1201

Post by TemerityB » July 13th 2019, 4:03pm

My favorite watch photos in the history of this forum are jaw's stunning renditions of his Omega Constellation Perpetual Calendar Double Eagle. Quartz it may be, but it's a magnificent watch, and since seeing it, I've wanted a Constellation ever since. It's also my wife's favorite watch design ever - she's had one for several years - and for once, I pretty much agree with her.

A refresher on jaw's watch: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29726&p=309376&hilit=Omega+Constellation#p309376

Cut to today - tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. Instead of wracking our brains to figure out what each other likes, we simply decided to point the car toward beautiful Huntington in Long Island and two of our favorite stores - Time Source Jewelers, which I insist has one of the most incredible selections of pre-owned watches anywhere in the lower 48 (especially Rolex; it's where I got the blue Datejust), and a huge gift store, Sedoni Gallery, which stocks a lot of craft jewelry she likes. I got her something (a really nice necklace), and this is what she got me):

I couldn't resist the deal, or the watch. Sure, it's not mint - bit of paint missing at the six, the ding in that area pretty much far too small to see when the watch is on the wrist - but it's legit, and it's certainly wearable. No box, no papers, no links - but kismet. When I tried it on, it fit perfectly, no sizing required. It's as if it was sitting there waiting for me.

Stats and figures:

Omega 368.1201 Automatic Constellation circa 1990s
Omega Caliber 1120 Automatic Chronometer (23 jewels)
36mm (less crown)
Stainless steel original band, sliding clasp hinge
Date feature
38.5 length, 10mm thick
Ivory honeycomb dial, chrome tick marks and hands

A nicer anniversary gift I've never received. Again, it was a stellar deal, no haggling, nice people, great service. Always lusted after jaw's Connie, and though this one has some "character," it's just fine by me.

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Pre-Owned Omega Constellation 368.1201

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 13th 2019, 5:30pm

Nice. One can never really go wrong by choosing a Connie.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » July 14th 2019, 6:56pm

Beautiful!! And congratulations on another year of not provoking your spouse into murder! Well done on all levels!

Character is good! But if it becomes an obsessive point you can get some black nail polish and a toothpick and full that shit right in...

Or, maybe just leave it alone and get to wearing the damn thing.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 14th 2019, 7:02pm

Nuvolari wrote:Beautiful!! And congratulations on another year of not provoking your spouse into murder! Well done on all levels!

Character is good! But if it becomes an obsessive point you can get some black nail polish and a toothpick and full that shit right in...

Or, maybe just leave it alone and get to wearing the damn thing.

That's the plan, nuvo. On the wrist, the lack of paint is barely perceptible. Watch sellers hate me; I always bring a loupe and say "hmmm" a lot. :wink:

Return to “Your New Watch”