Mr. Bloke - "from forums to watchcrunch"

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines
koimaster
Founder

Mr. Bloke - "from forums to watchcrunch"

Post by koimaster » June 23rd 2022, 2:12pm

Lately, I haven’t been very active on forums, focusing most of my watch community activities on Instagram – where you can find me as @mikethewis.

What chased me out of forums was the fair share of drama on every one of them. The more people get used to each other, the more drama ultimately appears. Frankly, I was fed up with it.

I love sharing my horological thoughts and musings with others. I love to help others learn something, and in turn, I like to learn from others. However, at some point, it became a liability.

https://wahawatches.com/from-forums-to-watchcrunch/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Mr. Bloke - "from forums to watchcrunch"

Post by DoctorIvey » June 23rd 2022, 2:52pm

I loved his posts and wish he’d post more. But I have to ask, and I’m not being a wiseacre: what drama? I remember Eddie Sluff mentioning this too, and I wonder if I’m dense or thick skinned. What drama? Is it the hazing of the new guy? Because that I get. But they’re usually such wankers, what do you expect? Other than that, I don’t get it.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » June 23rd 2022, 4:07pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
June 23rd 2022, 2:52pm
I loved his posts and wish he’d post more. But I have to ask, and I’m not being a wiseacre: what drama? I remember Eddie Sluff mentioning this too, and I wonder if I’m dense or thick skinned. What drama? Is it the hazing of the new guy? Because that I get. But they’re usually such wankers, what do you expect? Other than that, I don’t get it.
Bring a Brain and Musings of a Salesman were indeed great. I wish he'd stayed around. Whatever specifically made him uncomfortable IDK, but he split when TB and biglove went to Crunch so perhaps it had to do with their issues. Like I said, the bloke related much personal stuff himself outside of MOAS so it's hard to say what the deal was as he didn't elaborate — WL's loss is Crunch's gain.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » June 23rd 2022, 7:48pm

I don’t understand why they all left BDWF. It makes no sense and the only drama was created when they all left BDWF and here, they couldn’t just bow out gracefully. Nooooo, they had to demand to be erased and banned, they had to burn bridges like kids in Jr. High.
Looking at it, I can clearly see the drama, it’s on their side of the street. I’ve never seen such a pansy, emotional group of cry babies and they are grown men.

I got told that it’s nothing against me, well it is clearly against me when you bash forums I belong to and make statements like those on blogs.

It was all fun and games when they went after people, forums, bloggers, you tubers and places of business here and there that they didn’t like. That was fine, but now they are safe at watch crunch because they don’t tolerate bully’s. That is a soup sandwich.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » June 24th 2022, 7:44am

svaglic wrote:
June 23rd 2022, 7:48pm
I don’t understand why they all left BDWF. It makes no sense and the only drama was created when they all left BDWF and here, they couldn’t just bow out gracefully. Nooooo, they had to demand to be erased and banned, they had to burn bridges like kids in Jr. High.
Looking at it, I can clearly see the drama, it’s on their side of the street. I’ve never seen such a pansy, emotional group of cry babies and they are grown men.

I got told that it’s nothing against me, well it is clearly against me when you bash forums I belong to and make statements like those on blogs.

It was all fun and games when they went after people, forums, bloggers, you tubers and places of business here and there that they didn’t like. That was fine, but now they are safe at watch crunch because they don’t tolerate bully’s. That is a soup sandwich.
The new BDWF, much like the original, is about as white bread as you can get....what drama?

I don't get it either.
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » June 24th 2022, 8:13am

koimaster wrote:
June 23rd 2022, 2:12pm
Quote Bloke "Lately, I haven’t been very active on forums, focusing most of my watch community activities on Instagram – where you can find me as @mikethewis.
The more people get used to each other, the more drama ultimately appears. "
Like Phluff and his phluffer??

Not only did they have to leave with a bang, they felt the need to send personal messages to their forum pals (and many whom were not) in hopes of drawing support for their "suffering". Only made worse when these same pusses gentlemen also felt the need to recruit others to follow them away.

I have nothing against Bloke though truthfully was full of drama himself at times.

That said, the deep end here rocks. I've met many here personally (and some I haven't yet) which I genuinely consider friends.

That is all, hope I dint trigger anibody.

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 31st 2022, 3:38pm

‘’ What chased me out of forums was the fair share of drama on every one of them. The more people get used to each other, the more drama ultimately appears. Frankly, I was fed up with it.’’

Well misterbloke, we enjoyed having you at the watchlords and bestdamnwatchforums but you are being somewhat disingenuous. You came to our forums from watchuseek because you claimed there was drama, in part caused by you as per your own admission. At watchlords, which is a forum for adults watch collectors, not those who need to have affirmation and hand holding, you took plenty of shots at others during your time there. Whether is was hondikee “ The Donkey Rewind - A Decade of Braying” or bashing a new member, you managed to cause your own drama. So have those who left for watchcrunch. I have banned them for their personal attacks on the forums they called home for years.

The forums you left have been around for 13 years, exposed fraud in the watch industry and stood up to multiple attempts to take them down. We gave you a home for your “Bring a brain” and other rants and now you claim that there was “too much drama”. I honestly hope you are happy at watchcrunch or any other platform you choose to be a part of. I know other Watchlord and BDWF members feel the same way. Watchlords is the deep end of the pool, BDWF, the middle ground of forums. There is a reason both forums survive and members almost always return there or ask to be allowed to return.
‘’May you have fair winds and following seas" in your search for horological information.

https://wahawatches.com/from-forums-to- ... nt-3012641

1946-2006

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » July 31st 2022, 4:26pm

Everybody's got to find their own place. I have no issue with Mr. Bloke, wish him nothing but the best going forward. If folks think there is drama here now, they should have seen the place 10 or so years ago.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 31st 2022, 4:32pm

Mark1 wrote:
July 31st 2022, 4:26pm
Everybody's got to find their own place. I have no issue with Mr. Bloke, wish him nothing but the best going forward. If folks think there is drama here now, they should have seen the place 10 or so years ago.
I have no issue with him either. This drama crap excuse is annoying though.

1946-2006

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » July 31st 2022, 4:40pm

koimaster wrote:
July 31st 2022, 3:38pm
‘’ What chased me out of forums was the fair share of drama on every one of them. The more people get used to each other, the more drama ultimately appears. Frankly, I was fed up with it.’’

Well misterbloke, we enjoyed having you at the watchlords and bestdamnwatchforums but you are being somewhat disingenuous. You came to our forums from watchuseek because you claimed there was drama, in part caused by you as per your own admission. At watchlords, which is a forum for adults watch collectors, not those who need to have affirmation and hand holding, you took plenty of shots at others during your time there. Whether is was hondikee “ The Donkey Rewind - A Decade of Braying” or bashing a new member, you managed to cause your own drama. So have those who left for watchcrunch. I have banned them for their personal attacks on the forums they called home for years.

The forums you left have been around for 13 years, exposed fraud in the watch industry and stood up to multiple attempts to take them down. We gave you a home for your “Bring a brain” and other rants and now you claim that there was “too much drama”. I honestly hope you are happy at watchcrunch or any other platform you choose to be a part of. I know other Watchlord and BDWF members feel the same way. Watchlords is the deep end of the pool, BDWF, the middle ground of forums. There is a reason both forums survive and members almost always return there or ask to be allowed to return.
‘’May you have fair winds and following seas" in your search for horological information.

https://wahawatches.com/from-forums-to- ... nt-3012641
Well said.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » July 31st 2022, 8:04pm

What the fuck? Is ‘drama’ now like a peanut butter allergy for some people?

Seriously? Clearly, you’ve never been to a wedding chock full of Italians when the wine runs dry…Now THAT will show you some fucking drama

I mean, I did take a complete social media hiatus for a few months - so I can appreciate a voluntary pause to pursue other interests…. But I don’t understand abandoning a space you have professed to like.

If that’s what really bothers you, consider treating it like someone farted in your elevator car: Just exit on any other floor for a few moments, let it air out, and then get back on a little later and back to whatever the hell it was you thought you were doing.

Don’t run away, for craps sakes…

I liked Bloke, I wish him well but would like to see him come back.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » July 31st 2022, 8:33pm

Nuvolari wrote:
July 31st 2022, 8:04pm
Guaranteed drama that would ensue if he did :mrgreen:

Also sure his "penpal" would feel totally betrayed, afterall, the ex-lord pied piped him to the promise land-------- along with afew others from here.
A comeback would destroy that warm & fuzzy relationship and hell, the shallow end is mucho más seguro.

mis dos centesimos

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 1st 2022, 1:58am

codguy wrote:
July 31st 2022, 8:33pm
Nuvolari wrote:
July 31st 2022, 8:04pm
Guaranteed drama that would ensue if he did :mrgreen:

Also sure his "penpal" would feel totally betrayed, afterall, the ex-lord pied piped him to the promise land-------- along with afew others from here.
A comeback would destroy that warm & fuzzy relationship and hell, the shallow end is mucho más seguro.

mis dos centesimos
Entiendo. Pienso que es probablemente la verdad, tambien.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 8th 2022, 8:02am

Mr. bloke has great knowledge on watches, it was nice to be on a forum that had his knowledge.
Flushes has great knowledge too and he has been helping with answers to questions and fact finding for quite a while here. I am amazed at Flushes historic knowledge, like that guy that came with a vintage watch and Flushes knew the makers mark and had all the information for the guy. We are a better forum for having Flushes and his willingness to help, we are going to be just fine. We have the best members with good knowledge, better knowledge than most forums. We are actually the most factual forum out there too.
Gerdsons valjoux knowledge is second to none.
Koi’s research skills, he could find a needle in a haystack. Let’s not forget his or Racerx’s computer skills.
I could go on and on about our members here and what we all bring to the table, but we all know that.
Most of our members have great knowledge and research skills, together we rock, we are complete.
That’s why I’m here. If you look at my first post here and the watches I had, it’s plain to see that my collection has grown because of this forum. My knowledge is because of this forum.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 6th 2022, 10:02pm

https://wahawatches.com/from-forums-to- ... h/#respond

My comment was deleted. Par for the course

1946-2006

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 6th 2022, 10:59pm

I'm not too sure what to say about Mr. Bloke. Some guys get into This Thing of Ours and sometimes don't know what they signed on for. The way I see it, you join here, get accepted, what the fuck do you need someplace else? Sure, I signed up at the crunchies, and post there once in a while, but I didn't go running away from here snorting snot-bubbles and crying about the "drama."

There were more than a few times I was pretty low, and you stupid bastards lifted me up and watched my back--Alain more than a few times. I've met some of you and call you my friends; the fuck do I care about a little drama? Fuck that shit. I can call myself a Watchlord, and that's fucking good enough for me.
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » September 6th 2022, 11:21pm

For what ever reasons, he left here. I appreciated his knowledge, but he took it elsewhere.
At least he didn’t go crazy with the long good bye posts, emails and PM’s to members trying to get them to leave with him. I don’t see Mr. Bloke specifically bad mouthing WL’s by name and changing stuff on his blog to erase good things said about WL’s like another blogger from here did.
He left and that’s that. He bowed out gracefully, unlike the others.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » September 7th 2022, 1:39am

I like Raul. Knows his stuff and has experienced the arse end of the industry. And doesn't ponce about calling customers his clients, unlike other watch salespeople posting online. I think he should come back to the Lords. BUT, if he's happier Crunching then fair enough.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » September 7th 2022, 5:10am

jason_recliner wrote:
September 7th 2022, 1:39am
I like Raul. Knows his stuff and has experienced the arse end of the industry. And doesn't ponce about calling customers his clients, unlike other watch salespeople posting online. I think he should come back to the Lords. BUT, if he's happier Crunching then fair enough.
+1..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites”