Seiko Spork

Give us your best or worst shot
Post Reply
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 8560
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by bedlam » March 8th 2013, 3:39pm

Groundhog66 wrote:
3Flushes wrote:Nice watch. No hack, no hand wind, no thanks.



I never really understood the big deal about hacking , or hand winding for that matter. It's an auto, give it a couple shakes and go.

Yeah...it a very silly complaint in reality.

If you need to hack you can. One flick sets the watch going and any slight back-pressure on the crown will stop the second hand. Release it when the reference seconds align. Put it on your wrist and the AUTOMATIC watch continues to wind itself. I am most perplexed by people who say they must have hand-winding and buy autos rather than hand-crankers...but insist on hand winding them? Someone please explain how any of that makes any sense. Its like buying a car with an Auto gear-box and moving the shifter up and down yourself all the time.

Can you hack a Spork. Yes. Its not harder than with a hacking watch really.

Can you hand-wind a Spork? No, its an automatic watch and doesn't need you to...which why you bought an automatic, isn't it!
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 8560
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by bedlam » March 8th 2013, 3:41pm

Nice watch Groundhog! I am not a big fan of the bezel on the Spork...its pretty knobbly but the watch looks brilliant and rides really well on the wrist. Its OEM rubber is Seiko's best IMO too.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
User avatar
Groundhog66
Posts: 342
Joined: March 3rd 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Livermore, CA
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by Groundhog66 » March 8th 2013, 4:36pm

bedlam wrote:Nice watch Groundhog! I am not a big fan of the bezel on the Spork...its pretty knobbly but the watch looks brilliant and rides really well on the wrist. Its OEM rubber is Seiko's best IMO too.



That's funny, I was just contemplating on putting it back on the OEM rubber. I never wore it with the rubber, but it is really nice looking IMO.
AJC
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 6134
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Wilmington, DE AKA "Murdertown, USA" -Newsweek
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by AJC » April 7th 2013, 5:29am

Groundhog66 wrote:
poot74 wrote:Very nice...I want one so bad... Image



Thank you.

I was surprised to see one sell for $130 last week...


Yeah. I JUST missed that. Sad face.
-Madvillian
User avatar
themadhungarian

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by themadhungarian » April 7th 2013, 12:52pm

I love the watch and I wear mine often. I disagree, however, with any statement referring to the rubber strap as 'nice', or God forbid, 'comfortable'. Seiko straps are easily the most torturous, annoying, hate devices I have ever worn, and I love watches on rubber straps.
I would rather have my penis nailed to a lemon juice soaked sponge, connected to a car battery, and beaten with a Zeus Bolt than wear Seiko rubber.
Again, congratulations on your SRP043, it's a great watch.

Anthony
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 8560
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by bedlam » April 7th 2013, 1:31pm

themadhungarian wrote:I love the watch and I wear mine often. I disagree, however, with any statement referring to the rubber strap as 'nice', or God forbid, 'comfortable'. Seiko straps are easily the most torturous, annoying, hate devices I have ever worn, and I love watches on rubber straps.
I would rather have my penis nailed to a lemon juice soaked sponge, connected to a car battery, and beaten with a Zeus Bolt than wear Seiko rubber.
Again, congratulations on your SRP043, it's a great watch.

Anthony

The SKX straps are horrible, but not the ones on the Spork & BFK IMO
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
User avatar
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 19489
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by foghorn » April 7th 2013, 1:36pm

bedlam wrote:
themadhungarian wrote:I love the watch and I wear mine often. I disagree, however, with any statement referring to the rubber strap as 'nice', or God forbid, 'comfortable'. Seiko straps are easily the most torturous, annoying, hate devices I have ever worn, and I love watches on rubber straps.
I would rather have my penis nailed to a lemon juice soaked sponge, connected to a car battery, and beaten with a Zeus Bolt than wear Seiko rubber.
Again, congratulations on your SRP043, it's a great watch.

Anthony

The SKX straps are horrible, but not the ones on the Spork & BFK IMO



IMO too!
Image
User avatar
themadhungarian

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by themadhungarian » April 7th 2013, 2:06pm

Despite being a fatass, I have narrow, bony wrists and that may be why even the Spark strap is uncomfortable for me. I have a Hirsch Extreme ready to go on one of my Seikos, I hear it takes the larger spring bar and wears more comfortably.

A
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 8560
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Seiko Spork

Post by bedlam » January 28th 2018, 5:06pm

foghorn wrote:Sporks are discontinued and anyone who owns one is a dick.

It's just the kind of dick I want to be :-)
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Post Reply

Return to “Watch Photography Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest