glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements
Post Reply
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4802
Joined: June 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: The Peoples Republic of Illinois
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by WatchDorks.Net » August 31st 2010, 5:23pm

Guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but everything posted here is STILL just anecdotal he-said, he-said. The owners and mods at WG can still say it's being fabricated by haters, because NOTHING FACTUAL HAS YET BEEN PROVIDED.

I *want* the shit to hit the fan. I *want* this to blow up in Invicta's face and them to get what they deserve. But the way it's being done isn't going to get the job done. It's a bunch of anonymous posts on bulletin boards.

Hard scientific data is needed. Closeup and ideally, microscope photos are needed. Someone bona fide needs to have their name on the research. It needs to be corroborated.

"A guy I sent the watch to who is an expert told me that..." just isn't going to cut it if you're going to get through to the lunkheads. With the reputation of animosity that WL has with respect to WG, you won't get anywhere with the diehards based on what has been shown thus far.

Hopefully hard evidence is coming, but it's a bit early for the cheerleading and victory dance. If the hard evidence doesn't come to light and isn't indisputable, it will be spun as WL crying wolf.

You know it will.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Image

Image
User avatar
Guest

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by Guest » August 31st 2010, 5:30pm

sorry, but Heavyharmonies, GET A FUCKIN' GRIP. IT IS NOT A HE SAID SHE SAID........you go ahead and believe the lies from Infuckya......you are either tardated, tarditious, tardufactured, or just plain stupid.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8161
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by Mark1 » August 31st 2010, 5:33pm

heavyharmonies wrote:Guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but everything posted here is STILL just anecdotal he-said, he-said. The owners and mods at WG can still say it's being fabricated by haters, because NOTHING FACTUAL HAS YET BEEN PROVIDED.

I *want* the shit to hit the fan. I *want* this to blow up in Invicta's face and them to get what they deserve. But the way it's being done isn't going to get the job done. It's a bunch of anonymous posts on bulletin boards.

Hard scientific data is needed. Closeup and ideally, microscope photos are needed. Someone bona fide needs to have their name on the research. It needs to be corroborated.

"A guy I sent the watch to who is an expert told me that..." just isn't going to cut it if you're going to get through to the lunkheads. With the reputation of animosity that WL has with respect to WG, you won't get anywhere with the diehards based on what has been shown thus far.

Hopefully hard evidence is coming, but it's a bit early for the cheerleading and victory dance. If the hard evidence doesn't come to light and isn't indisputable, it will be spun as WL crying wolf.

You know it will.


You'll never convince the die hards that they are being lied to. To me, I get more satisfaction knowing that those who lie- know that people are on to them. Well over 100 posts and nothing from anyone in authority there yet. They are too busy spooling up damage control. Some geeks will see the light when exposed to it often enough. Strutn and 50mm are too far gone to go to the other side-who would ever take them seriously?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4802
Joined: June 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: The Peoples Republic of Illinois
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by WatchDorks.Net » August 31st 2010, 5:43pm

GEEKNOMO wrote:sorry, but Heavyharmonies, GET A FUCKIN' GRIP. IT IS NOT A HE SAID SHE SAID........you go ahead and believe the lies from Infuckya......you are either tardated, tarditious, tardufactured, or just plain stupid.


*sigh*

You're so stupid, you can't even comprehend what the fuck I'm saying.

I'm NOT saying I believe Invicta. Exactly the opposite! I'm saying that if you REALLY want to back Davis, Eyal, and Skelton into a corner from which they cannot retreat, there NEEDS TO BE MORE THAN WE'VE SEEN!

If you want to get through to the diehards over there, what has been provided thus far IS NOT EVIDENCE. You've done a great job getting the work done thus far, but all that has been provided is anecdotal. It's NOT evidence. Right now, it's fucking simple for the powers that be at WG and Invicta to simply say you or koi or WL made it all up.

It may make you feel good and proud, and bully for you, but at this point it can still all be denied. It's too early for "victory dances" and partying, etc. Doing that before the definitive proof is released makes you look like you're making it up.

That is my point.

Got it?

Grow the fuck up. You're not helping the veracity of your cause.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Image

Image
User avatar
Ditchdoc

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by Ditchdoc » August 31st 2010, 5:44pm

GEEKNOMO wrote:sorry, but Heavyharmonies, GET A FUCKIN' GRIP. IT IS NOT A HE SAID SHE SAID........you go ahead and believe the lies from Infuckya......you are either tardated, tarditious, tardufactured, or just plain stupid.


GNM dickhead, chill-out. There's no reason for that type of poorly thought out response. This is not WG's. HH was just voicing his opinion. I read it as he agrees with your conclusions but would like to show them pics and add a name. Just because someone says something you don't like, it doesn't mean they're an Invicta fanboy. Although I'm very convienced and appreciate all your work on this, I can see his point.

HH's rep is well established here. Calling him names and acting like a titty baby is not going to get you very far. You don't seem to handle people with opinions different than yours very well. just sayin...
Last edited by Ditchdoc on August 31st 2010, 6:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVDinner
Posts: 420
Joined: June 2nd 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by TVDinner » August 31st 2010, 5:46pm

heavyharmonies wrote:
GEEKNOMO wrote:sorry, but Heavyharmonies, GET A FUCKIN' GRIP. IT IS NOT A HE SAID SHE SAID........you go ahead and believe the lies from Infuckya......you are either tardated, tarditious, tardufactured, or just plain stupid.


*sigh*

You're so stupid, you can't even comprehend what the fuck I'm saying.

I'm NOT saying I believe Invicta. Exactly the opposite! I'm saying that if you REALLY want to back Davis, Eyal, and Skelton into a corner from which they cannot retreat, there NEEDS TO BE MORE THAN WE'VE SEEN!

If you want to get through to the diehards over there, what has been provided thus far IS NOT EVIDENCE. You've done a great job getting the work done thus far, but all that has been provided is anecdotal. It's NOT evidence. Right now, it's fucking simple for the powers that be at WG and Invicta to simply say you or koi or WL made it all up.

It may make you feel good and proud, and bully for you, but at this point it can still all be denied. It's too early for "victory dances" and partying, etc. Doing that before the definitive proof is released makes you look like you're making it up.

That is my point.


I agree 100% heavyharmonies. Someone post some scientific proof that is confirmed by an expert and beyond question. Only then can you really shut up the other side. It seems the work has been done and now we just need to proof to be publicly posted.

Thread on WG - 2,731 reads in 5.5 hours
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 16869
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by TemerityB » August 31st 2010, 5:47pm

No repsonse from the IWG Shills, but 50mm has fingered the OP as a Watchlord and mentioned it by name. Uh oh!

The thread has also been unlocked, so I guess the Mods are gonna try to spin this as an insidious plot by this evil hater site.

LOL!
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
User avatar
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1741
Joined: July 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

HH called it

Post by DBCooper » August 31st 2010, 5:51pm

heavyharmonies wrote:Right now, it's fucking simple for the powers that be at WG and Invicta to simply say you or koi or WL made it all up.

Image
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
User avatar
Guest

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by Guest » August 31st 2010, 5:58pm

...how much do those Fisher Price microscopes cost these days. I remember having one as a kid, might do well in a pinch.

Anywho, I don't know why people are getting bent out of shape over this. As others have said, in a court of law good evidence must be without doubt and yes, there is still some doubt in people's eyes. Sometimes it needs to be black and white nothing inbetween.
boscoe
ASSHAT
Posts: 9794
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by boscoe » August 31st 2010, 6:43pm

heavyharmonies wrote:Guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but everything posted here is STILL just anecdotal he-said, he-said. The owners and mods at WG can still say it's being fabricated by haters, because NOTHING FACTUAL HAS YET BEEN PROVIDED.

I *want* the shit to hit the fan. I *want* this to blow up in Invicta's face and them to get what they deserve. But the way it's being done isn't going to get the job done. It's a bunch of anonymous posts on bulletin boards.

Hard scientific data is needed. Closeup and ideally, microscope photos are needed. Someone bona fide needs to have their name on the research. It needs to be corroborated.

"A guy I sent the watch to who is an expert told me that..." just isn't going to cut it if you're going to get through to the lunkheads. With the reputation of animosity that WL has with respect to WG, you won't get anywhere with the diehards based on what has been shown thus far.

Hopefully hard evidence is coming, but it's a bit early for the cheerleading and victory dance. If the hard evidence doesn't come to light and isn't indisputable, it will be spun as WL crying wolf.

You know it will.


Agree.
In my business, this is a "sources say/pals reveal/insiders charge" story as opposed to "General, Governor, Senator, Mayor Bill Blowhard said." Big difference.
Doesn't mean it ain't true (or that I'm doubting), but I'm not doing a victory dance.
I want a DNA test, not the pregnant gal claims Eyal's the dad.
Sorry gang.
That's the professional standard in journalism - and the legal standard for evidence. The rest is simply hear-say.
Last edited by Anonymous on August 31st 2010, 6:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
boscoe
ASSHAT
Posts: 9794
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by boscoe » August 31st 2010, 6:49pm

No geeknomo, right now the point is:

You "CLAIM" they are liars.

You haven't "PROVEN" they are liars (at least in a way anyone else can publicly verify unless you NAME your source. As a journalist, I understand this is difficult).

Now don't take this as me saying you're full of crap. I am not saying that.
User avatar
BigCheez
ASSHAT
Posts: 5565
Joined: May 20th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by BigCheez » August 31st 2010, 6:54pm

A court of law and the court of public opinion are two very different things.

Do we have enough to prosecute? No.

Has there been a nifty little shitstorm at WG? Yes.

Do the geeks think it PROBABLY isn't real sandstone? Most of them, I'd guess.

If you are looking to convince NYCruza, Strutn45 and 50mmwhen up? Good luck to you.
Image
TimeMachine
Posts: 405
Joined: June 25th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: glass=sandstone.........Im vendicated.........

Post by TimeMachine » August 31st 2010, 6:59pm

GEEKNOMO wrote:its all schmaltz.......................the point is, they are LIARS. that's it, that's the point.......


You are right GNM, that IS the point, and you know it, and we all know it, and now we would all like the world to know it. We're all on your side here, you were first in and got the ball rolling, we all give big kudos to you. What HH said was right on, what you did was great but it's not the end of the story, it's just the beginning of the story. Don't take it personal and react with a name-calling hissy fit. With the crystal/diamond fiasco nobody was believing it until like the third or fourth person reported that their jewler had confirmed it.

You have proven your point, we all here believe. But, the rest of the world is going to doubt the reports and the source. You may say you don't care, and that's fine, but if we want this to come home to Invicta and for everyone to see the kind of company that they really are, then we need to now follow up on what you've accomplished so far. If I had an Invicta sandstone watch I'd take the day off from work tomorrow and go find someone who would do an analysis and put it in writing with their name on it, then I'd take pictures and post it. I may order one just so I can do that. We need a couple of people to do that, and quickly while this is hot.
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta controversies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests