Invicta and D-D Respond: The Song Remains

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Invicta and D-D Respond: The Song Remains

Post by koimaster » October 23rd 2019, 3:11pm

From the old days back in 2010 and Betterskills

LATE Friday afternoon, which allows for two days of no communication with Invicta headquarters, the much anticipated, eagerly awaited, joint Invicta Dubois-Dupraz statement was released after days of delay. In it we learn… uh, nothing.

THE first thing you notice is that there is no official letter head – not from either company or attorney.

NOW, on to the er, “substance” of the document. The first bullet states what is already know because it was verified by Mr. Chris Becker last week, that the movements are in fact legit. This blogger never called the authenticity of the movements into question because I know in the recent past, as ETA began to wind down it’s sales to non-Swatch Group brands, that it was a routine practice to procure movements from other watch companies. This speculation by some, I believe, was driven by Invicta CIO Eyal Lalo’s recent admission that watches being sold by Invicta and marked SWISS were actually Chinese. It didn’t help that he had been caught in his on air selling schpeal of the doomed Speedway Elite in complete lies; that Invicta had worked hand in hand with D-D on the watch. Once people began to receive their wrist size Titanics , he went on to issue statements through Igor – er, I mean Jim Skelton, that the issues were owned by D-D and that he was having “loud discussions” with them. All lies exposed by D-D Business Development Manager of the Americas, Chris Becker. Mr. Becker’s truthful statement that Invicta was not a D-D customer and the mention of the possibility that these movements could be knockoffs further stocked the fires of angry customers making Value Pays on a Thousand dollar doorstop. The joint statement confirms what the vast majority already knew; Invicta got them through a third party. While this is legal, I’m willing to bet whoever this third-party is won’t be sold D-D movements anytime in the near future as this practice is frowned upon by movement manufacturers and I’m willing to bet Laylo was real quick to name the source. There has been some speculation that SWI was the source but this is not confirmed.

Bullet two, that the issues are not related to the movement is also something that has been stated by Laylo, through his bitch, Jim Skelton as well as Chris Becker. This is old news – no new ground covered here.

The third point was also addressed previously, again by a Laylo statement through toad Skelton that a washer can correct the problem.

BUT what fans and haters were looking for was the cause. This is not addressed in the joint statement – it’s only purpose is to restate the facts that both Chris Becker pointed out and the confirmation that the movements are genuine. It absolves D-D of any guilt and lays the blame on a mysterious third-party. This final part of the final point reopens the can of worms regarding the supposed Swiss factories that Skelton has alluded to; that Laylo has mentioned and that Michael “Fuckin” Davis has ridiculed people over when they’ve questioned te existance of them on watchgeeks.

I’ll ask it again because the end all, be all statement failed to clear it up – where were these watches assembled and finished? Where were the faulty dials and hands made? I maintain that a Swiss manufacturing house would have never released pieces with these types of defects; but probably more realistically, they never would have had these problems, they would have known the nuances and tolerances. I think they tried to pull the assembly off in their Florida headquarters with components of Asian origin. I challenge(er) them to post the paperwork on watchgeeks and prove me wrong. If Invicta commissioned their manufacture in Geneva, Hong Kong – I’m still right because the dial says SWISS MADE! I really do not think Invicta cased these watches in Switzerland because all signs point to ineptness and a lack of technical knowledge,

There are several ‘Veteran’ and ‘Senior’ WG members piling on to threads over at watchgeeks with statements like “this puts it to bed” and “that clears things up” but it clearly doesn’t and if you think it does, you’re either too stupid to comprehend what you’re reading or you have a vested interest in sweeping this under the rug.

SO how will consumers react to this non-statement? Will they just pretend that this supposed ‘statement’ restating what is already widely known is sufficient and accept the ongoing lies, wasting their hard-earned cash on two or three Invicta’s of questionable origin and hit-or-miss functionality? Or will they buy one really nice Japanese, German or Swiss watch without issues and a solid pedigree?

https://betterskills.wordpress.com/tag/ ... wiss-made/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Invicta and D-D Respond: The Song Remains

Post by TemerityB » October 24th 2019, 1:32pm

biglove wrote:
October 23rd 2019, 4:11pm
Betterskills...a real writer.
Better was always the best. Miss him a lot.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Invicta controversies”