- Posts: 46158
- Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
- Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Response from Dubois Depraz & Dubois threads
Invicta has NEVER been a client of Dubois Depraz as I was my opinion posted here earlier in this fiasco. It was the hands as some guessed. Now though the thought comes to mind about the deception regarding this watch. A big deal about the watch and the DD module was made and how hard it was to get anon. Again......BULLSHIT!..... Hundreds of thousands of DD modules have been made. I won watches with them including a Maurice Lacroix.
How long before someone has a "LOUD TALK" with Jim Skelton and fires his fucking ass off of cable tv. And will Eyal issue another apology for directly or indirectly pointing the finger at Dubois Depraz.
One more thought comes to mind though, where did these come from? Are they Asian fakes, are they replicas, are they rebuilt modules or grey market ones....Perhaps we should get out hands on one and take it apart and see if it s genuine one or if says...... china......or swiss parts. I am going to post a .pdf of these in a bit so people may down load them. Feel free to spread the word.......... Invicta has NEVER done business with Dubois Depraz.
One thing I do want to point out, I have preserved the shows and the posts in which comments by Eyal, Mongo Kid an Jim Skelton were made concerning this issue. If anyone wants to claim otherwise, bring it on. Those posts are on-line and the originals are tucked away for safe keeping.
Re: Dubois 2021 & Invicta fiasco
From: Christopher Becker
Cc:[email protected], [email protected]
Sent: Fri, Jun 11, 2010 02:17
Thank you for your e-mail. As a matter of fact, I received a call about this from someone inm New Jersey just last week.
We are currently investigating what has happened here, and can clearly state the following:
1) Invicta has never purchased a movement or module from Dubois-Depraz. We have had sporadic contact in the past, but to date no movement has ever been supplied to them.
2) The 2021 has been made by the hundreds of thousands, and "opinions" notwithstanding, we have never heard from any customer for this movement regarding the types of problems you have described. After hundreds of thousands, we think we would have by now if there were actually issues.
3) Since Invicta is not a customer of ours, we have no idea if the movements alluded to are in fact genuine DD modules or not. We have seen "duplicates" of our modules in the past (sadly, not bad ones, either), and if they are such, Invicta may very well not even be aware that they are, since they have never had the real thing to compare it to. If they are genuine, we do not know how many hands they passed through before they arrived at Invicta, and what treatment they were subject to.
4) We have contacted Invicta Watch and requested not only their reaction to your e-mail, but also 5-10 samples of cased watches with the modules to determine their origin (see 3) above) and initial sales point (both of which we can do). As you and your members are surely also aware, the casing procedure itself is very delicate and can de-regulate a chronometer-grade movement as well as cause damage to components, such as dials and hands, if done improperly.
5) Obviously, the President of Invicta has not had, nor would he have reason to have had, any "loud conversation" with Dubois-Depraz since he is not even a customer. I would be very surprised if he or anyone from his company publicly blamed DD for something of that nature as claimed; it is not his style as I have known him.
Any person making the types of claims you have mentioned in your e-mail should be advised to be very sure of their information, and the veracity of any information, before making pejorative public statements, especially on a national network.
You may feel free to post this response on your site, and we appreciate your keeping us informed of these events.
Business Development Manager--Americas
And a follow-up a bit later today, June 11, 2010
Just FYI: I have just received a response from Invicta, gracious as always, to the effect that the problem has already been solved--and it was an issue with the hands, not the movement.
My original letter of inquiry.
From: "[email protected]"
Sent: Jun 11, 2010 11:13 AM
To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Dubois 2021 & Invicta fiasco
Dear Mr. Becker,
I am writing to you to inquire if you had seen or heard of the complaints by buyers of a new Invicta watch that has been touted as using the Dubois 2021 module. If not, all of the posts, unedited by my small forum of dedicated collectors are available for viewing.
It seems that the hands on the watches were mis-aligned and there were other related issues. The TV cable host of the site where these Invicta Speedway watches were sold made a big deal of the fault being that of Dubois. He went out of his way to state the owner of Invicta Watch Group would be having a "loud conversation" with Dubois Dupraz. He and the watch company have made it clear that the faults of the problems discussed are not the fault of Invicta and repeated opinions that the fault lay with your company. It was inferred by the afore-mentioned Host for Shopnbc, Jim Skelton that other unnamed watch companies had experienced similar problems with Dubois modules. As the owner of several watches with Dubois modules including a Maurice Lacroix, I would dispute that statement.
I am also asking if you could provide any information as to the back-story on this issue and perhaps how Invicta came to obtain this module. The vendor made a big show on how difficult it is to obtain them and to be approved by Dubois. Of course, this same company has been forced to admit that the watches it sells with the word Swiss at the 6 oclock position have Chinese movements in them.
Most of us are of the opinion that the modules or movements and modules were obtained from a third party other than Dubois and exported to the middle east. Our little forum, which has 80 core members of long time serious watch collectors has aproximatly 500 visitors a day. Not too bad for a forum which does no advertising, and limits membership to those approved by the members themselves.
If you do respond, I could if permited, post the response for people to view. We are small but our reach is very long.
“Your heart was warm and happy
With the lilt of Irish laughter
Every day and in every way
Now forever and ever after."