Deconstruction Grand Seiko

This forum is for Horology and the art of watchmaking
koimaster
Founder

Deconstruction Grand Seiko

Post by koimaster » June 7th 2020, 5:51pm

The Spring Drive Chronograph combines traditional historical elements from conventional horology such as the pillar wheel with Spring Drive’s electromagnetic time regulating system.
Introduction/functions

The Grand Seiko Black Ceramic SBGC221 is a Spring Drive chronograph with GMT, date, power reserve indication, and automatically wound. The power reserve lasts for 72 hours. Accuracy: ±1 second per day / ±15 seconds per month (average). The Chronograph records up to 12 hours with the minute and hour counters visible on the right hand side of the dial, central chronograph hand. The power reserve is set at 7 o'clock and the constant small seconds at 9 o’clock.

https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/deco ... pringdrive

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Deconstruction Grand Seiko

Post by Hawk » June 8th 2020, 6:49am

artman wrote:
June 7th 2020, 7:07pm
Is there a capacitor that needs to be changed out in 20 years like the kinetic movement?
It doesn't actually store electricity so no obvious need for one. Nevertheless there's been some interesting speculation online if they're incorporated on the IC.

So, I don't actually know but I will in 15 years. Then again the mechanics will need service before then and I'll likely have been set on fire and consigned to an urn at some local wat by that time.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Deconstruction Grand Seiko

Post by conjurer » June 8th 2020, 8:10am

Hawk wrote:
June 8th 2020, 6:49am
...and consigned to an urn at some local wat by that time.
Better than being consigned to WIT, which happened to a guy we knew.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye

Return to “The Art of Time”