Soprod new in-house movement

This forum is for Horology and the art of watchmaking
koimaster
Founder

Soprod new in-house movement

Post by koimaster » September 9th 2020, 10:20pm

Manufacture Soprod has launched its new in-house Newton movement, the result of three years of development and industrialisation. The first examples have rolled off the production line, their reliability has been successfully tested and they are ready for delivery to Swiss watch brands.

CE3535AB-F74D-421B-9915-498F7BCD78FF.jpeg
Since 2008, Soprod has been part of the Festina industrial group which, through its various companies, masters the essential components for the complete manufacture of mechanisms from mechanical calibres to quartz connected movements. At the heart of its six Swiss production sites, the entirely independent manufacture produces all its components including its assortments – escape-wheels, pallets and rollers – as well balances and even balance springs –, while its entity in the French Jura region produces mainplates only.

The objective set by Miguel Rodriguez, owner and boss of the Festina Group, was simple to understand, yet not easy to achieve. This new movement had to be of irreproachable quality and reliability, but also meet the requirements of a 100% Swiss made self-winding calibre. It also had to stand out from the competition and bring real added value to entry-level movement segments, while at the same time featuring a contemporary design.

Soprod is offering an industrial calibre that is resolutely reliability driven. To guarantee this decisive factor in the development of a new “engine”, namely guaranteeing its stability in the event of shocks or vibrations, Newton is equipped with the best shock absorber, the double-cone Incabloc, while the cross-through bridge provides increased protection for the balance itself. Finally, to provide ultimate confirmation of its dependability, this new movement has been tested by the Dubois Laboratory and earned the Chronofiable Certificate, involving a battery of tests covering accelerated ageing cycles, shocks of all kinds and resistance to magnetic fields.

The design of the bridges was to be particularly pared-back, in order to create a contemporary overall look. Contrary to competing calibres, the aim was to magnify the balance, ensuring 360° visibility. This aesthetic choice implied aiming for a movement that is as symmetrical as possible along the 6 o’clock-12 o’clock axis. To ensure that the heart of the movement takes pride of place, the balance is elegantly positioned at 6 o’clock, an infinite source of inspiration for brands that will opt to create “Open Heart” models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Soprod new in-house movement

Post by bbattle » September 10th 2020, 10:58am

Here’s the Newton in a nutshell…

Swiss made
Newton® by SOPROD
Sold in two qualities of adjustment:
1. Sophisticated: R7 = 7 sec/day +/- 7 in 3 positions
2. Top-flight: -R4 = 4 sec/day +/-4 in 5 positions

11 ½ ’’’ – Diameter 25.60 mm. Height 4.60 mm.

Hours, minutes, central seconds
Semi-instantaneous aperture-type calendar, display

Fast calendar adjustment
Time-setting with stop-seconds device
Automatic rewinding

28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz)
23 jewels
44-hour power reserve
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » September 10th 2020, 12:07pm

codguy wrote:
September 10th 2020, 11:28am
Yawn
^That

They sound quality and performance driven but it's just talk until after I'm a long time dead before those of you left will know if they walked it or not.

At my age I can't be bothered with novelties.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 11th 2020, 9:17am

bbattle wrote:
September 11th 2020, 9:10am
biglove wrote:
September 10th 2020, 2:31pm
Whatever happened to the movement designed by one of our very own?
I think Codguy generates a movement on most days.
Now I have this unsettling image of Cod on the crapper, straining so hard his eyes are about to pop out. 😂
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 11th 2020, 11:20am

I'd be Soprod to own one of those movements.

Okay, are you ready for your headliner? You know him from Comedy Central ...
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 11th 2020, 6:16pm

”Soprod’s new in-house movement” is a nonsensical phrase. Soprod themselves don’t make complete watches, and this movement is intended to be supplied to whoever pays, and that’s the epitome of what a generic movement is.

Not that it matters. It simply triggered my OCD.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » September 12th 2020, 11:09am

biglove wrote:
I believe that answer you’re looking for is that I have about 100 patents for development. I have had help along the way from multiple people including some that have own a Swiss company including help from his movement designer Wolfgang.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 12th 2020, 3:10pm

ocean wrote:
September 12th 2020, 11:09am
biglove wrote:
I believe that answer you’re looking for is that I have about 100 patents for development. I have had help along the way from multiple people including some that have own a Swiss company including help from his movement designer Wolfgang.
I thought it was you, Ocean but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Incredible work.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989

Return to “The Art of Time”