Bear Grylls and Luminox & tough watches

koimaster
Founder

Bear Grylls and Luminox & tough watches

Post by koimaster » January 23rd 2020, 10:31am

Survival of the fittest: Bear Grylls and Luminox have created some tough timepieces

Maverick survivalist, TV host and ex-British special forces soldier Bear Grylls has teamed up with Californian-based watchmaker Luminox to create the ultimate range of tough and ready timepieces.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/bear-grylls-luminox/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Bear Grylls and Luminox & tough watches

Post by foghorn » January 23rd 2020, 10:48am

Fuck Bear Grylls. He used to sport a Tissot T-Touch in his so-called "adventures".
I always marvelled at how difficult it was for him to traverse raging rivers and climb stone obstacles when it seemed so easy for his camera crew to do it first with full gear. And he used cheap Gerber products which nornally wouldn't hold up on a back yard camping expedition. But he made a ton of money by marketing that stuff.
MAX (Online)
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MAX » January 24th 2020, 11:11am

Bear who?

Another early metal Luminox, the Ultimate Field Commander. Have had this one since 2002 and just recently put in just its 3rd battery. I know Ive posted this here before so I apologize if you are tired of seeing it but maybe some havent. Still looks new but most of the tubes are pretty dim. They were never blazers to begin with though.

Very well made, fit and finish and heavy. I really dislike the plastic/fiber ones of today. Sorry I let a few other metal ones escape.

NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Mark1
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » January 24th 2020, 1:28pm

foghorn wrote:
January 23rd 2020, 10:48am
Fuck Bear Grylls. He used to sport a Tissot T-Touch in his so-called "adventures".
I always marvelled at how difficult it was for him to traverse raging rivers and climb stone obstacles when it seemed so easy for his camera crew to do it first with full gear. And he used cheap Gerber products which nornally wouldn't hold up on a back yard camping expedition. But he made a ton of money by marketing that stuff.
Bear Grylls is no Les Stroud.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “Military Type or Style Watches”