The most anticipated modern Panerai ever offered

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The most anticipated modern Panerai ever offered

Post by TemerityB » January 17th 2015, 5:37pm

foghorn wrote:
3Flushes wrote:Interesting read. Funny how the guy refers as the 44 as a "gateway" watch to the 47.

And the 47 is a "gateway" watch to a Hydromax. :mrgreen:

Didn't see that one coming ... line o' the week!
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » January 17th 2015, 6:06pm

TemerityB wrote:
foghorn wrote:
3Flushes wrote:Interesting read. Funny how the guy refers as the 44 as a "gateway" watch to the 47.

That's funny alright, I don't care who ya are!
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » January 17th 2015, 7:12pm

3Flushes wrote:
TemerityB wrote:
foghorn wrote:

The 372 is a big, tall watch no doubt, same high as the Citizen Signature Grand Touring Sport I believe? ....thought you like big, tall watches with sustancial macho crown guards ? ..... Now that's really, really funny , what happened? ;)
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » January 17th 2015, 7:56pm

Meh. Anticipated about as much as the playoffs to determine the most powerful football team in Alaska.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » January 17th 2015, 7:57pm

eddiea wrote:
3Flushes wrote:
TemerityB wrote:
foghorn wrote:

The 372 is a big, tall watch no doubt, same high as the Citizen Signature Grand Touring Sport I believe? ....thought you like big, tall watches with sustancial macho crown guards ? ..... Now that's really, really funny , what happened? ;)

I do. I just thought it was funny because the way the term was used struck me in a substance abuse vernacular, e.g., that marijuana is a gateway to more dangerous drugs. But, you were talking to foggy, huh. Nevermind. :)
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » January 17th 2015, 9:56pm

The Rooster nailed it IMO. No problem with a little pot but when some scumbag steals your car to buy crack-we got an issue.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
foghorn

Post by foghorn » January 18th 2015, 12:38pm

Just making light of the "gateway" statement. I have nothing against the size of Panerais but I do find it somewhat funny the way the fans (Paneristi) elevate the brand to a mythical level. And I like Jakes idea of showing the watch being worn by a Pannequin to demonstrate how it looks on a "real" person.
I like Panerais.
I prefer watches in the 40-44 mm size but do have a couple larger models.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » January 18th 2015, 12:50pm

Nuvolari wrote:Meh. Anticipated about as much as the playoffs to determine the most powerful football team in Alaska.

Interesting factual sounding statement, care to elaborate how you came up with that conclusive line ...or is just, your own personal opinion?
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » January 18th 2015, 6:33pm

Nah, that's my own line of shit completely fact free. I just have not warmed up to it...

eddiea wrote:
Nuvolari wrote:Meh. Anticipated about as much as the playoffs to determine the most powerful football team in Alaska.

Interesting factual sounding statement, care to elaborate how you came up with that conclusive line ...or is just, your own personal opinion?
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 18th 2015, 9:39pm

foghorn wrote:I have nothing against the size of Panerais but I do find it somewhat funny the way the fans (Paneristi) elevate the brand to a mythical level.

Like with the "Brooklyn Bridge" model!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » January 18th 2015, 11:24pm

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:I have nothing against the size of Panerais but I do find it somewhat funny the way the fans (Paneristi) elevate the brand to a mythical level.

BROOKLYNBRIDGEBROOKLYNBRIDGE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WITH THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE! Marone! Find a way to let go already. This thing of yours, this cobb up your keester, it's... it's just not healthy already, man!

:lol:
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 19th 2015, 12:39am

3Flushes wrote:
conjurer wrote:

BROOKLYNBRIDGEBROOKLYNBRIDGE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WITH THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE! Marone! Find a way to let go already. This thing of yours, this cobb up your keester, it's... it's just not healthy already, man!

:lol:

I know. I'm just stirring the pot.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 19th 2015, 9:41pm

eddiea wrote:
conjurer wrote:I know. I'm just stirring the pot.

It seems every other attempt to have a conversation about watches in the forum, end up derailed or diluted into bullshit ... really a shame.

Allow me to apologize, Eddie. My posting was crass, and I'm sorry for hijacking the thread.

--Hawkeye

Return to “Officine Panerai”