All Three OMEGA Snoopy Speedmasters

koimaster (Online)
Founder

All Three OMEGA Snoopy Speedmasters

Post by koimaster » December 27th 2020, 6:02pm

In a feat almost as impressive as Apollo 13, we were able to gather all three legendary OMEGA Snoopy watches together in the same room. We decided to size them up in the metal, from aesthetics and functionality, to the story behind each watch. It’s time to focus on three extraordinary things: Space, Snoopy, and Speedmasters.

This article takes an in-depth look at the 2003 OMEGA Speedmaster “Snoopy”, the 2015 Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award”, and the 2020 Speedmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 42 mm “Silver Snoopy Award” 50th Anniversary. But firstly, let’s start by taking a look at the story behind the watches.

A Friendly Beagle and NASA: Why?
Snoopy is a cartoon dog. NASA is the U.S. government agency responsible for science and technology related to air and space. What on earth is the connection?

https://swisswatches-magazine.com/blog/ ... 2015-2020/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: All Three OMEGA Snoopy Speedmasters

Post by TemerityB » December 27th 2020, 8:14pm

I can't even imagine myself buying one - I'd go for a traditional Speedmaster, personally - but the 2020 Snoopy Speedmaster is one hell of a watch, and the animated caseback is a sight to behold. Gotta admire it from afar.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
SynMike
Founding Member

Post by SynMike » December 28th 2020, 12:08am

TemerityB wrote:
December 27th 2020, 8:14pm
I can't even imagine myself buying one - I'd go for a traditional Speedmaster, personally - but the 2020 Snoopy Speedmaster is one hell of a watch, and the animated caseback is a sight to behold. Gotta admire it from afar.
I'd love to have any of those or all 3. But I agree, I still need the standard model first.
A standard moon speedy pro is the main thing missing from my current collection.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » December 28th 2020, 12:11pm

Hang on.

Always wanted the classic but those are an abomination IMHO. Cute for only about 3 minutes even to your kids, not so good to show to a prospective girl friend either.

But you pays your money and you takes your choice. More power to you if you do.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Omega”