Considering buying this one

koimaster
Founder

Considering buying this one

Post by koimaster » July 3rd 2020, 7:41pm

Image Image

Stainless steel case with a stainless steel bracelet. Fixed stainless steel bezel. Grey dial with blued dauphine-style hands and alternating Roman numeral and dot cabochon hour markers. Minute markers around the outer rim. Dial Type: Analog. Date display at the 3 o'clock position. Omega calibre 2500 automatic movement, based upon ETA 2892-A2, containing 27 Jewels, bitting at 25200 vph, and has a power reserve of approximately 48 hours. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Pull / push crown. Solid case back. Round case shape. Case size: 39.5 mm. Band width: 20 mm. Hidden fold over clasp. Water resistant at 30 meters / 100 feet. Functions: date, hour, minute, second, co-axial escapement, chronometer. De Ville Prestige Series. Luxury watch style. Watch label: Swiss Made. Omega De Ville Prestige Chronograph Automatic Grey Dial Mens Watch 424.10.40.20.06.002.

If I decide to purchase it, might sell some watches off.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Re: Considering buying this one

Post by koimaster » July 3rd 2020, 8:22pm

conjurer wrote:
July 3rd 2020, 7:58pm
A beauty. You wear that in certain neighborhoods, you'll have plenty of young broads lining up to suck your dick!
Thought that is why I drove Corvettes . :mrgreen:

1946-2006

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Thunder1 » July 4th 2020, 7:58am

koimaster wrote:
July 3rd 2020, 7:41pm
Image Image

Stainless steel case with a stainless steel bracelet. Fixed stainless steel bezel. Grey dial with blued dauphine-style hands and alternating Roman numeral and dot cabochon hour markers. Minute markers around the outer rim. Dial Type: Analog. Date display at the 3 o'clock position. Omega calibre 2500 automatic movement, based upon ETA 2892-A2, containing 27 Jewels, bitting at 25200 vph, and has a power reserve of approximately 48 hours. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Pull / push crown. Solid case back. Round case shape. Case size: 39.5 mm. Band width: 20 mm. Hidden fold over clasp. Water resistant at 30 meters / 100 feet. Functions: date, hour, minute, second, co-axial escapement, chronometer. De Ville Prestige Series. Luxury watch style. Watch label: Swiss Made. Omega De Ville Prestige Chronograph Automatic Grey Dial Mens Watch 424.10.40.20.06.002.

If I decide to purchase it, might sell some watches off.

Um, yeah, that model w/ the PR indicator has been on my short list for some time now..I keep waiting for someone like Jomashop or somone selling a 'previously loved' version to practically give one away..they seems to be about $3,100 or so most of the time I look for them..I'd jump on it if I could find one for around $2,500.00..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 4th 2020, 8:34am

If you have the scratch, I wouldn't even think twice. The Omega Deville and Constellation lines are so underrated - the movements in these watches are every bit as good as those in the sportier models. Go for it. I'm sure you won't be sorry. A real thinking man's choice there.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Post by mrneddles » July 4th 2020, 11:53am

I highly recommend this seller, Prestige Watch. Prestige is an Omega AD out of Manhattan and ready to do business. The process of a purchase through Chrono24 goes so smoothly and you are kept up to date every step along the way.

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/de-ville ... 159018.htm

I bought my Panerai through Prestige. Authentic, brand-spanking new, full box and papers, and I already officially registered my watch through Panerai for the 8 year factory warranty.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » July 5th 2020, 5:47am

koimaster wrote:
July 4th 2020, 11:47pm
Tough choice, blue strap or bracelet and order the strap.

Image Image Image Image
Definitely the bracelet..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » July 5th 2020, 11:53am

Racer-X wrote:
July 5th 2020, 10:42am
If you like the bracelet, I'd get the bracelet version and buy the OEM or aftermarket strap separately.
Exactly. Always buy on bracelet if available. Straps are much easier to obtain and generally far less expensive to add later vs trying to buy the OEM bracelet.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » July 5th 2020, 6:35pm

Omega bracelets are hard to find and costly when you do. I’d go with the bracelet and start getting a variety of straps from various places. Leather, snake, alligator, ostrich etc... you could even get custom stuff made.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 5th 2020, 7:53pm

svaglic wrote:
July 5th 2020, 6:35pm
Omega bracelets are hard to find and costly when you do. I’d go with the bracelet and start getting a variety of straps from various places. Leather, snake, alligator, ostrich etc... you could even get custom stuff made.
Ditto.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
artman
Master of Time

Post by artman » July 5th 2020, 9:24pm

conjurer wrote:
July 5th 2020, 7:53pm
svaglic wrote:
Ditto.
Tri-tto.
kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » July 6th 2020, 7:44am

svaglic wrote:
My thought as well.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 6th 2020, 8:00am

Well, I went with the bracelet version and will order a blue alligator strap today. This is a gift for my eldest grandson who is getting married in two weeks. Hard to believe he is 24.

1946-2006

Return to “Omega”