Omega Reduced Speedmaster-Torino 2006

kevco
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Omega Reduced Speedmaster-Torino 2006

Post by kevco » March 20th 2020, 7:42am

So...I guess I decided to stimulate the economy..again. This has all the papers,tags, box etc. 59516881 - 0096/2006.
Has a ETA 2892 docked to a DD module.
Was looking for a vintage Rolex AirKing or such..

I got sidetracked and saw this.

Can anyone talk me out of a vintage Rolex? Serious question.

s-l1600 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Omega Reduced Speedmaster-Torino 2006

Post by Thunder1 » March 20th 2020, 8:11am

Welcome to the Speedy Club, sir!!..and many a Watch God raises horns filled to the brim w/ their finest ales in salute to your fine ass haul...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 20th 2020, 8:27am

Nice. I like that pulsometer scale in red.

I won't be trying to talk you out of an Air-King. Though I suppose that even if you get sidetracked a few more times, Air-Kings won't out of a sudden be in short supply.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » March 20th 2020, 1:55pm

I won't talk you out of a vintage Rolex because, in my area at least, you can't find a freakin' new one. Just think ahead though - make sure you know someone to maintain and repair it before you buy it. And be aware that there are a lot of indie watchmakers that can do excellent work.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » March 20th 2020, 7:50pm

My Lord that’s a helluva good looking watch! The distraction makes sense...
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » March 20th 2020, 8:01pm

TemerityB wrote:
March 20th 2020, 1:55pm
I won't talk you out of a vintage Rolex because, in my area at least, you can't find a freakin' new one. Just think ahead though - make sure you know someone to maintain and repair it before you buy it. And be aware that there are a lot of indie watchmakers that can do excellent work.
I have an excellent man here in Tulsa. He has done tons of work for me. He is a 3rd generation watchmaker. I am fortunate to have he and his brother available.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 20th 2020, 8:35pm

There's one thing to keep in mind - in case of Omega, you might also want to look up indie watchmakers certified by Omega, and thus with access to Omega parts. The ETAs that Omega used, and by that I mean the 2892 with and without modules, were altered by them. Not really any performance boost there - instead, what suffered was the interchangeability of parts. So, in case something needs to be replaced, for the most part you can't use stock ETA or DD replacements.
Module components can also be hard to come by, as the Omega SCs usually just replace the entire module when it's a part of the chrono assembly that goes wrong.

As for Rolex, what I've noticed is the abundance of mooks bragging about how their watch kept going for 15 years without a service... Aegler automatic movements can tolerate a lot of mistreatment, but when they stop working, this usually means that the balance staff pivots have disintegrated. Which usually means the need for a new balance staff. If you go for a Rolex, make sure it's in working order, and if the seller doesn't know when has it been serviced last, have it treated to a basic service before wearing it. You never know if the previous owner(s) of the watch ever bothered to read the manual, and the section about care and maintenance in particular.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Omega”