Omega Constellation Manhattan:-Overlooked Masterpiece

koimaster
Founder

Omega Constellation Manhattan:-Overlooked Masterpiece

Post by koimaster » March 2nd 2020, 9:44am

As a fan of the classic 1950s and 1960s Omega Constellations, I had always dismissed Omega’s 1982 reworking of its flagship model, known as the Constellation Manhattan, as something of an aberration from the “true” Constellation concept. Somehow for me it lacked the brand’s recognized “DNA.”

I could see that it lent itself successfully to mother-of-pearl dials and diamanté finishes, so regarded it as more of a ladies’ watch, but felt that it was otherwise something of an outlier in Omega’s range. Its initial production era coincided with the quartz period, which was perhaps another reason for overlooking it.

On top of all that, I have never seen anyone wearing one (apart from my daughter who expropriated the one I bought recently the moment she set eyes on it).

I understand that it has overall been more successful in Asia than in Europe. Nevertheless, the Constellation Manhattan has been in constant production with both quartz and mechanical movements since 1982 in a series of versions that have generally remained true to the original design.

https://quillandpad.com/2020/02/24/omeg ... of-design/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Omega Constellation Manhattan:-Overlooked Masterpiece

Post by TemerityB » March 2nd 2020, 6:08pm

The guy making the first comment is a fucking dolt.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Omega”