Omega Speedmaster CK 2998

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Omega Speedmaster CK 2998

Post by Racer-X » October 13th 2019, 4:02am

"As far as famous watches go, the Speedmaster is way up there. And aside from its famous extraterrestrial exploits, it’s also a real staple of the watch world, which is why a Speedy was a natural choice of wrist wear for my recent Swiss trip. The fact that this trip included spending some quality time with Omega only sealed the deal. The next question was: which Speedmaster? Well, in the end, my decision wasn’t too hard, because even though you’re spoiled for choice, I wanted a more classical iteration, and one with a mix of personality and versatility. So I plumped for the 2018 limited edition, the CK 2998."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/spending ... r-ck-2998/

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Omega Speedmaster CK 2998

Post by TemerityB » October 13th 2019, 2:49pm

That's a great example of a classic look with enough modern nuances (the hands, particularly) to make it all fresh. Just a sleek piece of work right here; the type of watch you build a collection around.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » October 13th 2019, 6:31pm

I saw a billboard sign promoting Rolex watches and I jokingly said to my wife: "nice! they sell Rolexes there."

She said she preferred the look of Omega watches. Damn! Sounds like I know what to buy myself next!

Nice looking Omega chronograph up there. Is it okay to call it a Panda?
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 14th 2019, 5:45pm

foghorn wrote:
October 14th 2019, 5:40am
Nice looking. But why a Pulsometer on a Speedmaster?
Long explanation? Because back in the late 1950s and the 1960s, you could actually order a Speedy with a scale different than a tachymetre. There were three options - pulsometre (for 15 pulsations), one for 30 pulsations, or a telemetre. Pretty much a nod to these less common bezels found on Speedies.

Short explanation? Because they probably wanted to add some detail that'd prevent it from being called just another colourway of the "First Omega in Space" or the previous CK2998 LE. Well, de facto that's what it is, but...

Anyway, at least I would find a pulsometre somewhat more practical than a tachymetre.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Omega”