Hands-on – Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Ceramic and Titanium

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Hands-on – Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Ceramic and Titanium

Post by Racer-X » February 23rd 2019, 11:34am

"The Seamaster Diver 300M is one of the most beloved watches of Omega fans, and one of the best-sellers of the company. Part of this success is due to the link with James Bond, to the point that despite the long “Omega Seamaster 300M Professional” name, the watch is very often simply referred to as “the James Bond watch”. After a tasteful facelift done last year on the time-and-date version, we have this year an additional model dressed in black ceramic and titanium - see here - that has more than just different materials to offer. Here's our early hands-on with the Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Ceramic and Titanium (ref. 210.92.44.20.01.001)."

https://monochrome-watches.com/omega-seamaster-diver-300m-ceramic-and-titanium-no-date-review-price/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hands-on – Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Ceramic and Titani

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 23rd 2019, 4:13pm

A ceramic bezel on a titanium case - cool. A titanium bezel on a ceramic case - bleh.

Bleh.

Still, the SMP is a good watch in all respects. Even in not particularly attractive colourways.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hands-on – Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Ceramic and Titani

Post by TemerityB » February 23rd 2019, 6:34pm

I don't dislike the styling as much as Mr. MK, but I have such an affinity for the '90s Seamaster models (particularly since some were available in 36mm) that I remain quite happy with the one I own, which is still in pristine shape. That 8806, tho ... superb (yeah, METAS vs. COSC, the new-age argument; but it works, and it's nifty, and it was one of the highlights of last year's WatchTime show, at least for me; go to YouTube and check out the standards they adhere to).
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Omega”