Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

koimaster
Founder

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Post by koimaster » November 12th 2018, 9:36am

One of the secrets of the Omega Aqua Terra’s success is its versatile charm. In its dark-dialled and gold incarnations it’s super dressed-up, but put it on a leather or rubber strap and it becomes a much more casual proposition. This is a watch that could pull tuxedo duty or go with board shorts with equal ease (and the 150 metres of water resistance means it’s safe to take swimming). But no matter how you wear it, you won’t find it boring. The flash of the polished hands and applied indices ensure that, as does the shimmering, patterned dial. And then, of course, there are its more functional charms. It’s now a Master Chronometer-certified watch, which means that it is tough and accurate, and, in the larger size, has a nifty quick jump hour that’s super useful for travellers. Flexible style and feature-packed? That’s why we think the Omega Aqua Terra is one of the best contenders for ‘only watch’ status we’ve seen this year.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/editors- ... atch-need/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
SynMike
Founding Member
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Post by SynMike » November 13th 2018, 1:08am

I'm a big fan of the older model I have. It's a bit dressier than the later models.

Actually, this is the first one to catch my eye since the one I own now. It would be a good companion to mine. But I still can't adjust my thinking to accept in the prices of Omega since they basically doubled about 5 years ago.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » November 13th 2018, 5:30am

That bottom one is a bit too gussied up - like a modestly attractive woman trying to vault herself into the "10" with plenty of slap. I know people feel the need to do this, but it's just not necessary to make the watch look like so much jewellery. Or the case so thick, for that matter (it's nothing to do with the movement!).
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 13th 2018, 4:58pm

The first generation of the Aqua Terra was cool, and the Railmaster version was even cooler. Then there was an even cooler Aqua Terra, which at some point got the "Master Co-Axial Chronometer" moniker, and along with that it got a "facelift" by removing the frame around the date window, and that "facelift" sucked cock. The newest iteration of the AT is - unfortunately - not really appealing, especially with the horizontal teak pattern replacing the vertical one, and what the fuck's that cancerous growth by the rubber strap?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 14th 2018, 12:02pm

The AT is still on my short list. Absolutely.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Omega”