Seamaster 300M Professional Dive Watch Hands-On

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Seamaster 300M Professional Dive Watch Hands-On

Post by Racer-X » July 31st 2018, 3:45pm

"Omega redesigned the Seamaster 300M Professional for 2018 and below are some hands-on shots to give you an idea of what it looks like in the flesh.

The Seamaster 300M Professional case features Omega’s famous twisted (lyre) lugs and measures 42 mm x 13.56 mm and each version now comes with a ceramic bezel insert and a Ceragold or white enamel filled diving scale.

At 300 meters the watch achieves 3 times the water-resistance required to be an ISO 6425 dive watch. It also features a helium-escape valve for saturation diving, which is not even a prerequisite of the aforementioned standards."

https://www.professionalwatches.com/seamaster-300m-professional-dive-watch-hands-on/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seamaster 300M Professional Dive Watch Hands-On

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 31st 2018, 6:50pm

Relocating the date window to 6 o'clock is good. A switch to the in-house movement isn't bad. Changing the applied logo to a painted one isn't bad. But that new "wave" pattern... What is that? What the fuck is that?!
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 1st 2018, 12:53pm

I don't like the design. At all. WTF.

I'll take an older model, particularly if it's discounted to make room for the new ones. And I still like the mid-90s ones better than any Seamasters before or since, but that's just me.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » August 1st 2018, 1:32pm

Good lord, I thought nothing could be worse than those hands and then they prove me wrong.

smellody wrote:Damn. Are they copying Invicta?

Exactly what I thought!
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Omega”