Green Pontos, Gray Pontos, finally splurged and bought a gray Pontos 41mm, then a green 40mm.

constant change
Facebook ID: 0

Green Pontos, Gray Pontos, finally splurged and bought a gray Pontos 41mm, then a green 40mm.

Post by constant change » April 12th 2020, 2:17pm

Even before I truly get interested in watches I saw a Maurice LaCroix display at a local jeweler and decided that if I was ever to spend more than a few hundred bucks on a watch I’d look at ML first. A couple of months ago I splurged and bought a 41mm Gray Pontos. I love it, but at first I regretted spending that much on one watch and briefly tried to sell it. Fortunately no one made an offer, so I withdrew it from sale and wore it a couple of more times. The more I wear it, the more I like it, so I decided to get a 40mm green Pontos. Here they are - if you look closely you’ll see the green one isn’t actually on two different color straps, I just set a black over one side of the brown for comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by constant change on April 12th 2020, 3:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Green Pontos, Gray Pontos finally splurges and bought a gray Pontos 41mm.

Post by conjurer » April 12th 2020, 2:37pm

foghorn wrote:
April 12th 2020, 2:32pm

ML should make a LE Aviator watch for Easter and call it the Pontos Pilot.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
constant change

Re: Green Pontos, Gray Pontos, finally splurged and bought a gray Pontos 41mm, then a green 40mm.

Post by constant change » April 12th 2020, 3:05pm

I never know what to say in response to “nice watch.” The obvious thing to say is “thank you,” but I didn’t design or make it, so that seems somehow presumptuous. So what I end up saying is, “I never know what to say in response to ‘nice watch.’ The obvious thing to say is ‘thank you,’ but I didn’t design or make it, so that seems somehow presumptuous.”
constant change

Post by constant change » April 12th 2020, 5:32pm

Slip? I don’t wear a slip! Oh, um, I mean that’s a Kleenex.

foghorn wrote:
April 12th 2020, 2:32pm
Those are nice. Especially the green one you have laid out on somebodies slip.
I think the brown strap is the way to go.

ML should make a LE Aviator watch for Easter and call it the Pontos Pilot.
koimaster
Founder

Re: Green Pontos, Gray Pontos, finally splurged and bought a gray Pontos 41mm, then a green 40mm.

Post by koimaster » April 12th 2020, 7:07pm

Love them both. That green one is just ducky. Just purchased the black dial pontos today.
372AC83C-387A-4882-9987-20E2E4EDF6A8.jpeg
^^^^^^
Seller photo

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
constant change

Post by constant change » April 12th 2020, 7:11pm

Do NOT see the gif posted above by conjurer.

foghorn wrote:
April 12th 2020, 5:57pm
constant change wrote:
April 12th 2020, 5:32pm
Slip? I don’t wear a slip! Oh, um, I mean that’s a Kleenex.

Which begs another question. The kleenex,in the bathroom, with un-shod feet. Plans after watch photography?
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » April 13th 2020, 9:55am

constant change wrote:
April 12th 2020, 3:05pm
I never know what to say in response to “nice watch.” The obvious thing to say is “thank you,” but I didn’t design or make it, so that seems somehow presumptuous. So what I end up saying is, “I never know what to say in response to ‘nice watch.’ The obvious thing to say is ‘thank you,’ but I didn’t design or make it, so that seems somehow presumptuous.”
It's generally an observation regarding your good taste. Just take the damned compliment! :dssd:
I've been tempted myself several times by the gray.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Return to “Maurice Lacroix”