Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Retrograde Calendar

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Retrograde Calendar

Post by Racer-X » September 20th 2018, 6:03pm

"The Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Retrograde Calendar ref. MP6568-SS001-132-1 upholds the Swiss brand’s reputation for creating interesting retrograde indications. This watch is endowed with the Manufacture Automatic ML 190 movement and possesses many virtues despite its modest asking price. Angus Davies gets ‘hands-on’ with the watch that ‘seemingly steps back in time’.

There comes a point in the life when most people choose to look for a Cabriole table leg. A function of middle age is to question those decisions that were made in youth. It is not uncommon to contemplate historical career choices or the selection of a ‘lifelong partner’. Sadly, some individuals will regret former judgements. Indeed, wistful thoughts can cause some to rewrite the past and sidestep reality. The fact is, there are occasions when we all want to turn back time."

https://www.escapementmagazine.com/articles/maurice-lacroix-masterpiece-retrograde-calendar.html/
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Retrograde Calendar

Post by TemerityB » September 20th 2018, 7:41pm

ML so underrated.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Bahoomba
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Bahoomba » September 21st 2018, 3:39pm

3Flushes wrote:Still like these guys a lot. The light dial is cool as hell. ML is for sale- could be some great deals on NOS pieces.

I would imagine. World Of Watches used to stock them all the time, but now that WOW is a joke, I have no idea who might carry gray pieces.
Rule 1,493: Never photograph a watch on a wrist. On a lovely rock in a pond or a parapet, certainly - but never on a wrist.
- Chapter Seven, The Bazinga! Way To Become A Blogger Billionaire
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » September 21st 2018, 3:43pm

Bahoomba wrote:
3Flushes wrote:Still like these guys a lot. The light dial is cool as hell. ML is for sale- could be some great deals on NOS pieces.

I would imagine. World Of Watches used to stock them all the time, but now that WOW is a joke, I have no idea who might carry gray pieces.

I got mine from Jomashop- it seems they have been the primary outlet since the demise of WOW. It's where I'm watching.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 21st 2018, 4:57pm

I'm no ML fan (though I wouldn't say that I don't like them), I don't think I'm fond of contemporary stuff, and just about the only sort of avant-garde I can stomach is the one that was avant-garde 40-50 years ago. This is a Maurice Lacroix, it's contemporary, and some would perhaps call it avant-garde. But amazingly, I don't think it blows. And for whatever reason, I actually like it.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Maurice Lacroix”