REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post Reply
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 5837
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by Racer-X » October 16th 2018, 9:49pm

"Maurice Lacroix’s Aikon collection was inspired by the company’s 1990s era Calypso timepieces that went out of production in the early 2000s.

Compared to the initial quartz powered Aikon models that began hitting the market in 2016, and which have been selling well for the Saignelégier-based manufacture, the all-new Aikon Automatic is much more refined.

And yes, it does look even more similar to the higher-end Royal Oak than the quartz versions, but before you write this off as a mere knockoff, which I bring up because I’ve already seen numerous discussions that overwhelming do so, I suggest you first consider all the details.

...All that said, at the end of the day, the Aikon is approximately 20 times less expensive. Not to mention, you can buy an Aikon Automatic timepiece for less than the price of a single manufacturer overhaul service of a mechanical Royal Oak."

https://www.professionalwatches.com/review-maurice-lacroix-aikon-automatic/
User avatar
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 8455
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by bedlam » October 16th 2018, 10:26pm

Non-standard lugs are always a pain. Then there is the copy watch thing...
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
User avatar
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 19132
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by foghorn » October 20th 2018, 7:00pm

Not a bad looking watch but a love ‘em and leave ‘em watch. I see this as one that would have a brief honeymoon period before being relegated to the watch box and becoming a watch that is worn every couple weeks for a day or two. I wish I learned that years ago.
Image
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Posts: 37940
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 100000918104351
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by koimaster » October 20th 2018, 11:42pm

iwasbanned wrote:The watch doesn't still for MSRP. Can be had brand new for about 1.4K. A great watch for the price.


Under $900 new.


https://www.jared.com/en/jaredstore/mau ... rQYdlP0NPQ

I agree with you. One of my personal favorite brands, under valued and under appreciated.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time
Posts: 5833
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by iwasbanned » October 21st 2018, 6:31am

koimaster wrote:
iwasbanned wrote:The watch doesn't still for MSRP. Can be had brand new for about 1.4K. A great watch for the price.


Under $900 new.


https://www.jared.com/en/jaredstore/mau ... rQYdlP0NPQ

I agree with you. One of my personal favorite brands, under valued and under appreciated.


I think that's the quartz.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 29582
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by conjurer » October 21st 2018, 8:02am

iwasbanned wrote:
koimaster wrote:
iwasbanned wrote:The watch doesn't still for MSRP. Can be had brand new for about 1.4K. A great watch for the price.


Under $900 new.


https://www.jared.com/en/jaredstore/mau ... rQYdlP0NPQ

I agree with you. One of my personal favorite brands, under valued and under appreciated.


I think that's the quartz.


Yup. There ain't nothing cheap at Jared's.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.


--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 2559
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 21st 2018, 11:10am

Rather nice, but frankly, it could use a 2892/SW-300 instead of a 2824/SW-200.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 613
Joined: September 18th 2017, 5:35am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by Pubbie » October 22nd 2018, 1:54am

foghorn wrote:Not a bad looking watch but a love ‘em and leave ‘em watch. I see this as one that would have a brief honeymoon period before being relegated to the watch box and becoming a watch that is worn every couple weeks for a day or two. I wish I learned that years ago.

That is standard watch idiot practice :)). I have a couple in that category and I do like rediscovering them. Especially as they're worth fuck-all because they're not Rolix or Patteck.

This Aikon watch is too busy for me and the name is stupid. But I like ML's build quality for the money. DKSH, the owner, quietly pulled ML from the auction process last year, having disposed of Glycine to you-kno-who it decided to keep, and reinvest, in ML.
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 5508
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: REVIEW: Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic

Post by Thunder1 » October 22nd 2018, 3:17am

Pubbie wrote:DKSH, the owner, quietly pulled ML from the auction process last year, having disposed of Glycine to you-kno-who it decided to keep, and reinvest, in ML.


Some good info...thanx..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Post Reply

Return to “Maurice Lacroix”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest