Red Rover World Journey Part Deux.

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Red Rover World Journey Part Deux.

Post by Mark1 » May 5th 2021, 7:20pm

Got the Red Rover in my mailbox yesterday. Wednesday is my golf day, so that's what we did today. Still early in the golf year around here, so you golfers out there will relate to me still trying to establish a handicap 6 or 7 rounds into this spring. Using my old handicap, shot a net 82 last week, with the Red Rover on my wrist, I improved to a net 77 this week. Miraculous, I don't know-probably just me getting my shit straightened out a bit. We'll see what the next round brings. Anyway, here are a couple pics from the day.

As I said, my score improved this week. My bestest and favorite hole is the Nineteenth. Taco Wednesday in honor of Cinco de Mayo, tacos were devoured and washed down with several Ft. George Brewing Vortex IPAs on tap in the clubhouse. Sorry if the picture is blurry I may have been as well.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1

Re: Red Rover World Journey Part Deux.

Post by Mark1 » May 12th 2021, 8:47pm

Time for an update. Since last Wednesday I have worn the watch several days and have kept it wound in between. Perhaps a little surprisingly, the watch is fairly accurate-to within 15 seconds per day at least. May be slightly better but it's a non-hacking movement in that pulling the crown does not stop the second hand. Tried a little back pressure on the crown and that doesn't stop it either. Typically, I set my autos to the atomic clock when I wear them. Can't do that real precisely with this watch but I can set the minute hand fairly close to the atomic time. So tracking the accuracy on a piece of paper shows that it stays within 15 seconds per day with roughly 50/50 wear versus idle sitting. Not a huge fan of the domed crystal, on this or other wartches. Like most watch straps, I am on the last hole wearing this one with very little tail for the keeper to keep track of. My wrist is 8 inches and I typically expect to buy XL watch straps for most anything I buy. If I were the owner of this watch I would also purchase an extra long strap. The watch itself looks decent and wears pretty comfortably, overall, I have been pleasantly surprised by the Red Rover. We are having a get together next week so I will keep the watch for that and send it on to the next caretaker on the list which I believe is Ocean late next week. I'll include a couple pics of what the RR and I have been up to since last week.

A buddy and I brewed two batches of Brewtopia IPA homebrew this Monday. I forgot to get any pictures of this activity so I give you a picture of our batches fermenting happily in my storage room this morning. The bubbles in the water bath are carbon dioxide venting to prevent your fermentation container exploding, which is nice. The alcohol produced by the yeasts consumption of wort sugars and oxygen remains. The foam on top is called krausen or something like that, it's German so don't quote me on it.

I took the RR flying on Tuesday. Sorry for the glare, sunlight is not an issue we deal with frequently in these parts. Anyway, this picture is climbing after takeoff from Chehalis, WA. heading home. Note the watch time is consistent with the aircraft clock. I noticed this when I imported the picture to imgur.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » May 13th 2021, 3:41am

Verdammt... krausen... that's "Kräusen" (a noun). It is really about time You Yanks learn some Umlauts, even the uneducated heavy-metal freaks know how to use them, for fucking fuck's godam sake.

I had in fact need to look it up myself. :)**
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » May 13th 2021, 2:18pm

koimaster wrote:
May 13th 2021, 9:38am
Looks like both had fun. Are you going to take him skydiving as well?
Nope, jumped out of an airplane once and that was enough for me.
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 13th 2021, 5:49pm

Mark1 wrote:
May 13th 2021, 2:18pm
koimaster wrote:
May 13th 2021, 9:38am
Looks like both had fun. Are you going to take him skydiving as well?
Nope, jumped out of an airplane once and that was enough for me.

Typical leg :mrgreen:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » May 15th 2021, 4:54pm

Mark1 wrote:
May 12th 2021, 8:47pm
Time for an update. Since last Wednesday I have worn the watch several days and have kept it wound in between. Perhaps a little surprisingly, the watch is fairly accurate-to within 15 seconds per day at least. May be slightly better but it's a non-hacking movement in that pulling the crown does not stop the second hand. Tried a little back pressure on the crown and that doesn't stop it either. Typically, I set my autos to the atomic clock when I wear them. Can't do that real precisely with this watch but I can set the minute hand fairly close to the atomic time. So tracking the accuracy on a piece of paper shows that it stays within 15 seconds per day with roughly 50/50 wear versus idle sitting. Not a huge fan of the domed crystal, on this or other wartches. Like most watch straps, I am on the last hole wearing this one with very little tail for the keeper to keep track of. My wrist is 8 inches and I typically expect to buy XL watch straps for most anything I buy. If I were the owner of this watch I would also purchase an extra long strap. The watch itself looks decent and wears pretty comfortably, overall, I have been pleasantly surprised by the Red Rover. We are having a get together next week so I will keep the watch for that and send it on to the next caretaker on the list which I believe is Ocean late next week. I'll include a couple pics of what the RR and I have been up to since last week.

A buddy and I brewed two batches of Brewtopia IPA homebrew this Monday. I forgot to get any pictures of this activity so I give you a picture of our batches fermenting happily in my storage room this morning. The bubbles in the water bath are carbon dioxide venting to prevent your fermentation container exploding, which is nice. The alcohol produced by the yeasts consumption of wort sugars and oxygen remains. The foam on top is called krausen or something like that, it's German so don't quote me on it.

I took the RR flying on Tuesday. Sorry for the glare, sunlight is not an issue we deal with frequently in these parts. Anyway, this picture is climbing after takeoff from Chehalis, WA. heading home. Note the watch time is consistent with the aircraft clock. I noticed this when I imported the picture to imgur.
Lemme get this straight... You were just an average Joe like the rest of us. You strapped on the Red Rover and now you can fly a fucking plane? Fuck me dead! That is one amazing fucking watch!!! OUTSTANDING!!!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » May 15th 2021, 5:16pm

jason_recliner wrote:
May 15th 2021, 4:54pm

Lemme get this straight... You were just an average Joe like the rest of us. You strapped on the Red Rover and now you can fly a fucking plane? Fuck me dead! That is one amazing fucking watch!!! OUTSTANDING!!!
It is an amazing watch but I wish Alain had mentioned he bought the first series Red Rover, which doesn't have the autoland feature.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » May 19th 2021, 7:20pm

My time with the Red Rover is done, and now it is heading north. In the last few days the RR and I have played more golf, mowed the lawn and racked two batches of homebrew to their secondary fermenters. She (not really sure it's a she, maybe I should have asked it's preferred pronouns) remains a surprisingly good timekeeper. Still within a minute of my atomic clock after a full week of mixed use. Tonight, I met conjurer and some others for dinner and handed the RR over to him. I spoke with ocean who is next on the list and he graciously agreed to a slight change in the hosting order.

Return to “Red Rover travels”