Wimbelton!

jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Wimbelton!

Post by jason_recliner » June 30th 2022, 4:42pm

So busy I haven't had a chance to watch a match yet this year but will try to catch some over the weekend. The Joker looks to be in very dominant form. Would have to be a brave man to bet against him. Rafa lost a set - he's the hardest working man on the circuit but I'm not sure he can overcome Novak's brilliance on grass.

Will definitely try to see Kirri Kerry Kickstarter Kiggy Aussie Nick up against Sit Sat Tzadziki tats Tits Nick The Greek tomorow. Will be a tough match. Nick can beat him on a good day, but will he be having a good day? You just never know with that loon. Either way, you know it's going to be exciting.

Ya gotta love Wimbelton!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: Wimbelton!

Post by jason_recliner » June 30th 2022, 6:30pm

bbattle wrote:
June 30th 2022, 5:47pm
Haven't watched a Wimbledon match since Pete Sampras.

Back when I was a tennis nut and played every day, I watched McEnroe, Connors, Becker, Lendl, Chang, Agassi, etc.

And there was McEnhoges:

That has not aged well! (like all of his comedy IMO)

I started wathing when Edberg was at the top, McEnroe was on hos way out (although still saw him play a couple of classic matches). Ivanisevic was my favourite from that era. Then Agassi after that. Was never a fan of Edberg or Sampras (or Federer), too clinical, too natural, too perfect. I remember thinking Sampras' records would never be beaten, he was so consistent, basically unstoppable for years. And yet here we are, Rafa with 22 Slams, and maybe even another in him, and Djokovic looking like he has several good years left near the top. What a time to be alive, to be able to see once-many-generations players battling for nearly two decades.

If it thinks, it stinks
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » July 3rd 2022, 1:25am

bbattle wrote:
June 30th 2022, 5:47pm
Haven't watched a Wimbledon match since Pete Sampras.

Back when I was a tennis nut and played every day, I watched McEnroe, Connors, Becker, Lendl, Chang, Agassi, etc.

And there was McEnhoges:

Jeebus friggen cryst - was that shit ever really on teevee???
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bedlam » July 4th 2022, 8:18pm

jason_recliner wrote:
July 4th 2022, 6:25pm
Aussie Nick!!! Aussie Ale Age Ajax Ailing Tommy Tomato Tamoshanter Jane... the other Aussie Girl!!!

Best Wimbelton ever! (except when Aussie Ash won it last year)
You know Wimbelton is in Utah and there isn't a tennis tournament there at the moment?
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » July 4th 2022, 11:12pm

bedlam wrote:
July 4th 2022, 8:18pm
jason_recliner wrote:
July 4th 2022, 6:25pm
Aussie Nick!!! Aussie Ale Age Ajax Ailing Tommy Tomato Tamoshanter Jane... the other Aussie Girl!!!

Best Wimbelton ever! (except when Aussie Ash won it last year)
You know Wimbelton is in Utah and there isn't a tennis tournament there at the moment?
The court does seem unusally dry and dusty around the baseline.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » July 9th 2022, 4:04am

Awful shame that Nadal had to forfeit the match due to injuy. As exciting as it is to see Kygio Nick in the final, nobody wanted to see him make it that way, not even Nick, I am sure. Having said that... WHAT A DREAM FINAL!!! Two of the most exciting players in the world - the two most exciting players? - on hallowed turf, at Wimbledon, full capacity, everything to win and nothing to lose. If this match isn't EPIC I will eat my stubby holder. If Nick wins this might be my favourite mens victory since Goran won it on a wildcard entry in 2001.

Last edited by jason_recliner on July 10th 2022, 11:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » July 11th 2022, 4:21am

smellody wrote:
July 10th 2022, 9:42pm
What about the watches?
Oh yeah! I watches last year, I watches this year, I'll watches next year, I watches every year! Hells yeah.

Damn shame Nick couldn't hold it together after the first set. But he can hold his head up high indeed, regardless.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “The Recliner Sports Room”