Longines Heritage Military Review

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Longines Heritage Military Review

Post by Racer-X » March 1st 2019, 2:08pm

"If the name sounds familiar to you, it is no coincidence. There already was a Longines Heritage Military before but in the current collection, there’s only this one today and we review it today for you.

RAF
The Longines Heritage Military takes inspiration from the pilots watches used by the British Royal Air Force during World War II. You might have seen very similar models from Omega, most recently in the movie Dunkirk – as Tom Hardy’s character, an RAF pilot, is wearing one. Though that watch had a large steel bezel it is essentially the same design. Longines produced the same watches with and without the steel 60-second bezel just like Omega. They were special orders from the British Ministry of Defence (MoD) and were delivered at the beginning of the war. Royal Air Force used them, pilots and other personnel alike. The watch that Longines used as inspiration actually belonged to a highly decorated radiotelegraph operator."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/longines-heritage-military/
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Longines Heritage Military Review

Post by TemerityB » March 1st 2019, 7:14pm

I've never understood the faux old watches thing, considering there are plenty of actual old watches to be had. Which brings back memories of that line of Invictas a few years ago that had faux cracked crystals, ripped bands, and fake rust - why wait for shit to turn into shit?
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Longines Heritage Military Review

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 1st 2019, 7:41pm

On one hand, I like this particular dial - the one on my 1948 Zenith has aged similarly. On the other hand, I'd prefer a reissue to look like the original when said original piece was new. Still, it's a pretty watch.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “The Longines Forum”