Longines Conquest V.H.P.

koimaster
Founder

Longines Conquest V.H.P.

Post by koimaster » September 5th 2018, 4:58pm

Let’s get something out of the way. The watch I’m about to review is a quartz watch. Which, while a major part of the Swiss watch industry, is something we don’t typically cover at WatchTime. If you have a problem with that, go ahead and check out our review on the Longines Avigation Type A-7 1935, which is a fantastic value for a monopusher chronograph. If you can appreciate the difference between quartz and mechanical timepieces and the place they occupy in horology, then read on because the Longines Conquest V.H.P. is one of the most fascinating quartz introductions in years.

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/long ... 728bd6f117

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Longines Conquest V.H.P.

Post by TemerityB » September 6th 2018, 9:56am

I see them in watch stores around here and the pics don't do them justice. Longines is usually rock solid, with great bracelets and the quality you'd expect given the prices.

Can't, won't buy another quartz, tho. Have enough, and even a good movement like that one can't make me pull the trigger (of course, finding one at like 70 percent off list can make a moke like me change his mind...).
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » September 6th 2018, 11:13am

I like quartz but laugh at V.H.P. , HAQ, and COSC designations for what is already a high accuracy movement. How fucking accurate do people want watches to be?? 15-30 secs a month isn’t good enough? WTF are some WIS timing?? Just get a GPS or radio controlled watch.

JEEBUS!!!!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 6th 2018, 11:33am

foghorn wrote:I like quartz but laugh at V.H.P. , HAQ, and COSC designations for what is already a high accuracy movement. How fucking accurate do people want watches to be?? 15-30 secs a month isn’t good enough? WTF are some WIS timing?? Just get a GPS or radio controlled watch.

JEEBUS!!!!

Return to “The Longines Forum”