Longines Flagship Heritage Review

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Longines Flagship Heritage Review

Post by Racer-X » July 26th 2019, 9:18am

"Longines is huge. Like, really huge. It’s sometimes easy to forget that Longines is one of five watch brands that sell north of $1 billion in watches at retail per year. When you consider the comparatively higher prices of the average watch sold by the other four (Swatch group sibling Omega, Patek Philippe, Rolex, and Cartier), the average ~$2,000 price of a Longines translates to a lot of watches sold. It’s not a stretch to infer that Longines knows how to sell accessibly priced luxury watches more than almost anybody else out there.

It’s been some years since the release of the Longines Flagship Heritage ref. L4.795.4.78.2, though I never got to spend more than a minute or two with it until recently. It embodies three factors that make the brand such a global presence: its design is inspired by the brand’s own history while being thoroughly modern in its construction; it’s finished impeccably; and finally, it’s price of $1,675 is a value-flex that likely wouldn’t be achieved without the Swatch Group’s extensive infrastructure and resources."

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/longines-flagship-heritage-watch-review/

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Longines Flagship Heritage Review

Post by 3Flushes » July 26th 2019, 7:57pm

I saw this watch in the flesh; The case and dial are incredibly well finished and the back has a very cool cloisonné medallion in the center. The strap is made from really nice full hide alligator skin. I'm not one for 3 handers but I really like this watch- for $1600- it's easy to see why Longines has Rolex'esque brand loyalty delivering stuff made like this for pure value.

They make a 7751 based chrono I may not be able to live without when the price comes down a little bit.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 26th 2019, 8:41pm

3Flushes wrote:I saw this watch in the flesh; The case and dial are incredibly well finished and the back has a very cool cloisonné medallion in the center. The strap is made from really nice full hide alligator skin. I'm not one for 3 handers but I really like this watch- for $1600- it's easy to see why Longines has Rolex'esque brand loyalty delivering stuff made like this for pure value.

They make a 7751 based chrono I may not be able to live without when the price comes down a little bit.

And it likely will. Patience is key.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » July 27th 2019, 5:31am

This is the exact style of watch that got me hot and bothered as I window shopped the jewelry stores on Bromfield St. in Boston back in the early 70's.
I would stare longingly at these beautiful watches every day on my lunch hour,all the while checking my Texas Instruments digital to make sure I got back to work in time.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 30th 2019, 10:49am

conjurer wrote:Right now Joma has this watch on sale for a little over eleven hundred bucks:

https://www.jomashop.com/longines-watch-l47954782.html

See? You only had to wait about five minutes.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “The Longines Forum”