The ‘Bomber’ Ages - And Then Youths!

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

The ‘Bomber’ Ages - And Then Youths!

Post by Nuvolari » April 26th 2020, 8:49pm

It could be the drink, or the smoke, or maybe even the shelter-in-place but for whatever reason I found it impossible to NOT fuck around with adding a little pantina to the Lords’ Bronze Blue Bomber that has been so graciously left in my loving custody.

So, I thought it may be cool to make the watch look like it had perhaps been found in a swamp (before someone added a perforated black leather strap).

It came out just right: completely gross.

So, cool, cool. Kinda gnarly and rugged. But, really, so very very gross and dirty that it left a mark.

So, I kicked around the yard & house taking care of chores before it was time for an intermission from disgusting and grody things... Time for clean-and-pretty...

So, I thought I’d experiment with seeing how clean I could get it without using polish of any kind. Instead, I used a little white vinegar and about 30 minutes, rinsed it, and rubbed it dry with a dry cotton cloth:

All-in-all it once again matches the luster of the stock buckle.

Interesting experiment that was pleasantly undone...
Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers...
gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The ‘Bomber’ Ages - And Then Youths!

Post by gerdson » April 27th 2020, 10:14am

"interesting". Can You now please remove the bezel ring and make sure to get all that vinegar our there? Just asking, of course, it is Your watch. :mrgreen:
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Return to “Bronze Blue Bomber”