The Bronze Blue Bomber Begins A Pass Around Adventure!!!...

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Bronze Blue Bomber Begins A Pass Around Adventure!!!...

Post by Thunder1 » August 5th 2019, 6:53pm

biglove wrote:
August 5th 2019, 6:08pm
Heading back to the States. Nice.

Am I next after Smells? I believe his DNA is superior to mine, so if someone’s DNA has to wind up on my wrist, I CHOOSE DR. SMELLS’. 😂
Well, you get to wait a little longer..pls see the schedule on page 1 of this post...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 5th 2019, 8:08pm

Thunder1 wrote:
August 5th 2019, 6:53pm
biglove wrote:
August 5th 2019, 6:08pm
Heading back to the States. Nice.

Am I next after Smells? I believe his DNA is superior to mine, so if someone’s DNA has to wind up on my wrist, I CHOOSE DR. SMELLS’. 😂
Well, you get to wait a little longer..pls see the schedule on page 1 of this post...

Maybe some of A-T’s peaceful ways and humility will transfer to me.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » August 5th 2019, 10:56pm

Thunder1 wrote:
May 11th 2019, 4:44pm
Glycine Bronze Combat Sub(GL0242)...42mm bronze case width, not counting the screw down crown..22mm lug width, leather strap..blue dial, brown bezel..200m depth rating..

Well, we thought it was time to start another Pass Around Adventure...but this time, the subject watch w/b The Bronze Blue Bomber…It should be interesting to note the patina effects on this baby visiting WLs all over the world...the suggested rules are few...please wear the watch for a week..don't subject it to hard usage..contact the next recipient for their address..try to post some pics, impressions, and experiences if possible..let us know when you receive it and mail it off..$400.00 postal insurance w/b nice, but not mandatory...

OK, The Journey begins with our hosts in Europe, Denmark specifically...I'll mail it to The Gerdson Monday(5/13/2019)...After The Gerdson and his cronies deal w/ Customs in their particular manner, he, in turn, will pass it on to MKTheVintageBloke..after a week or so of wear, he will then get it on to pubbie...and so on...and so on...we'd like to see about 10 hosts or so(or more!!), so please let us know if you'll share in this fine ass adventure...I'll update the hosts list and The Artman has agreed to make us a map of its' travels..So, let's get this thang going and show folks we know how to have a good time w/ our fellow WLs...

The Host List as of 5/12/2019...
1)The Gerdson..rec'd 5/24/2019..mailed 6/8/2019..
2)MKTheVintageBloke..rec'd 6/13/2019..mailed 7/23/2019
3)pubbie..rec'd 7/30/2019..
4)Smellody
5)conjurer
6)Bedlam
7)tiktok
8)AntFarm
9)AlbertaTime
10)biglove
11)iwasbanned
12)
13)
In case anyone missed the sign up sheet.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » August 7th 2019, 11:31am

Mr Smells it is then!

Meantime, here is the Bomber, out and about IN Victoria Park in East London (named after a Queen whose surname was Sax-Coburg-Gotha). Just perusing some of the shit dumped by people within sight of a perfectly reasonable garbage bin. This one was for fish and chips, by the smell of it, although I guess it could have been something else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » August 11th 2019, 7:39am

The Bronze Bomber is Back!

Here's another one of my toss pictures, somewhere in Oakwood. I was so concerned about the little bugger's welfare that I flew it 6000 miles myself to the Left-hand Coast just to make sure it was ok. The Bomber will go domestically to its onward destination. I have enjoyed my time with it but its hard to find a good strap to match (I made do with a turd-coloured NATO). Still, it's very wearable and legible, and not all serious and po-faced.

BTW despite being flown about all over, timekeeping is very good - slightly fast but you wouldn't need to adjust it more than once a week to keep it within a minute. What's that, 8-10 sec a day? Who says Sellitas are shit?
_20190811_073335.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » August 11th 2019, 8:23am

^^Thanx for providing the BBB an interesting experience across the pond!!!..and the special delivery treatment, as well...so, the adventure continues!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » August 13th 2019, 10:10am

It's on the move today to a Mr Smellody of the USA. I enjoyed the splash of colour, noting that the patina darkened further after two days of being near the beach than it did in two weeks of London, despite the humidity there. Perhaps the acidic London air kept it clean? Anyway, Farewell Bomber, you were plenty fun especially for the money, and now I know why people like these watches so much...
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » August 15th 2019, 10:53pm

koimaster wrote:
August 5th 2019, 10:56pm
Thunder1 wrote:
Glycine Bronze Combat Sub(GL0242)...42mm bronze case width, not counting the screw down crown..22mm lug width, leather strap..blue dial, brown bezel..200m depth rating..

Well, we thought it was time to start another Pass Around Adventure...but this time, the subject watch w/b The Bronze Blue Bomber…It should be interesting to note the patina effects on this baby visiting WLs all over the world...the suggested rules are few...please wear the watch for a week..don't subject it to hard usage..contact the next recipient for their address..try to post some pics, impressions, and experiences if possible..let us know when you receive it and mail it off..$400.00 postal insurance w/b nice, but not mandatory...

OK, The Journey begins with our hosts in Europe, Denmark specifically...I'll mail it to The Gerdson Monday(5/13/2019)...After The Gerdson and his cronies deal w/ Customs in their particular manner, he, in turn, will pass it on to MKTheVintageBloke..after a week or so of wear, he will then get it on to pubbie...and so on...and so on...we'd like to see about 10 hosts or so(or more!!), so please let us know if you'll share in this fine ass adventure...I'll update the hosts list and The Artman has agreed to make us a map of its' travels..So, let's get this thang going and show folks we know how to have a good time w/ our fellow WLs...

2)MKTheVintageBloke..rec'd 6/13/2019..mailed 7/23/2019
3)pubbie..rec'd 7/30/2019..
4)Smellody received 8/15/2019
5)conjurer
6)Bedlam
7)tiktok
8)AntFarm
9)AlbertaTime
10)biglove
11)iwasbanned
12)
13)
In case anyone missed the sign up sheet.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 15th 2019, 11:20pm

Sign me up for somma dis shit! #12 please.

Which reminds me, what ever happened to The Admiral? Probably a sex scandal. I knew a guy who had to move once the newspapers picked up on it, so the Admiral probably had to change his name and NATO strap and move on.

But I am curious where he landed... or {gasp} perished.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » August 16th 2019, 1:13am

Missing in Action... that may very well be the best term to describe his whereabouts. Or Absent Without Leave.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » August 16th 2019, 3:14am

Thunder1 wrote:

2)MKTheVintageBloke..rec'd 6/13/2019..mailed 7/23/2019..
3)pubbie..rec'd 7/30/2019..mailed 8//12/2019..
4)Smellody..rec'd 8/16/2019..
5)conjurer
6)Bedlam
7)tiktok
8)AntFarm
9)AlbertaTime
10)biglove
11)iwasbanned
12)Nuvolari
13)
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » August 16th 2019, 3:19am

Nuvolari wrote:
August 15th 2019, 11:20pm
Sign me up for somma dis shit! #12 please.

Which reminds me, what ever happened to The Admiral? Probably a sex scandal. I knew a guy who had to move once the newspapers picked up on it, so the Admiral probably had to change his name and NATO strap and move on.

Duty Roster so updated..see page 1...welcome aboard, sir!!.. :bvbvbv:
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » August 16th 2019, 6:01am

Nuvolari wrote:

The Admiral was auctioned off once his travels were complete. Flushes had the winning bid of 130.00 which went to the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=188&t=32358&hilit=admiral&start=50
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » August 16th 2019, 9:02am

foghorn wrote:
August 16th 2019, 6:01am
Nuvolari wrote:

The Admiral was auctioned off once his travels were complete. Flushes had the winning bid of 130.00 which went to the forum.

And a second go round with the Marshall ended with the theft of the watch by a former member of this forum.

viewforum.php?f=214

And theft seems to be a common trait of banned members. It seems a wit member failed to return a watch that was loaned to him as well. I hope that person enjoys sporting the watch while flying in their non-existent A-7D

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » August 16th 2019, 11:16am

smellody wrote:
August 15th 2019, 10:49pm
The Bomber has landed. Arrived today while I was traveling home from Conjurer's neck of the woods.

Will unwrap, inventory, and enjoy this weekend. Will report back!
Wahoo!

Farewell Bomber, and sorry for the London acid rain stains!
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » August 30th 2019, 5:36am

smellody wrote:
August 29th 2019, 8:58pm
Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Headed up North to the man himself.

God Speed Bomber.
Ahh, the BBB seems to have had a wonderful experience once again..cavorting w/ leopards & donkeys no less!!..let's see what the Conjurer has in store...
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » August 30th 2019, 11:29am

foghorn wrote:
August 16th 2019, 6:01am
Nuvolari wrote:

I am pleased to report that the Admiral is well and in good spirits and enjoying his home in the shadow box inside of the frame with artman's killer artistic interpretation and graphic representation of his travels and conj's classic narrative. The admiral especially enjoys being my in the dark watch; movies, nighttime photo shoots, darkroom (indiglo is a safelite), and so forth.

I am sorry to report however that I foolishly wore the Admiral one night while surfing the board and was reading about the BBB. Naturally, the thread was at the point of discussing the possibility of the BBB surpassing the Admiral's mileage record. As God is my witness I didn't know he could read.

Well, to make a long story short, the poor bastard has developed the mood swings over it which I became aware of when I noticed a frequently occurring hyper-manic flicker in the Indiglo, like a shiver. Well, I took the Admiral to the watchmaker and he suggested we try a Lithium power cell to try to even out the receptors of the Bipoles in the Indiglo humor* which appeared sluggish.

Well, to make a long story short, it had pretty good effect and but for an occasional hissy-fit and attempt at stabbing me with the pin in the buckle, things are pretty cool, although, the Lithium has given the Admiral the ED. He complains about it endlessly but I was really tired of constantly cleaning his little indijaculates off of the glass because of his compulsive chicken choking, so tough shit.

Well, that brings you Lords up to date.

*humor...(in medieval physiology) one of the five elemental fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, black bile, yellow bile, and Indiglo regarded as determining, by their relative proportions, the physical and mental constitution of a person or object.

^^^Fake definition. **(@

What's his mileage so far, anybody keeping track?
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner

Return to “Bronze Blue Bomber”