The Bronze Blue Bomber Begins A Pass Around Adventure!!!...

AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Bronze Blue Bomber Begins A Pass Around Adventure!!!...

Post by AlbertaTime » November 24th 2019, 10:07am

The BBB is headed to AB. THE AMCHPR awaits.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 24th 2019, 7:39pm

^^^

Damn! That's a helluva' sendoff right there.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."-Roger Caras
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » November 24th 2019, 8:01pm

Now I think the BBB will never be happy here... :-(

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » November 24th 2019, 10:49pm

tiktok wrote:
November 24th 2019, 9:10pm
The BBB likes to talk to other watches although it only speaks Hakka.
Yeah, but I offer no similar soft landing. :-)

Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » November 25th 2019, 4:07am

These are posts that come straight from the heart..
Last edited by Thunder1 on December 6th 2019, 4:21am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 5th 2019, 8:36pm

The Bronze Blue Bomber has arrived at Chez AlbertaTime, home of the infamous AMCHPR, where it his receiving a laowei's welcome!!

But the first: the bitta bad news. The USPS Basketball Team had dribbled and bank shotted the package to the degree that poor BBB had rotated entirely in it's slot, pillow and all--with the bezel coming to rest facing down in the slot, where it appears to have partied with the springbar tool :-(

It gained a small white ding near the 55 index (which I didn't p/shop out) and another near the 35. At least that's what I figure happened because I checked the photos of previous hosts and didn't see the marks. Dammit! Especially to OCD me. But also why I prefer ceramic bezels.

OK - 'nuff bad news.

The good news:

1) Holy Crap do I ever like this watch. It's just plain purty. I'll leave the tech stuff to the capable previous hosts and just prattle about how gorgeous it is. And that's plenty gorgeous. Like a whole whoppa beautiful. I wondered about bronze--and now I want one.

2) This is the easiest watch in the world to shoot. Because it's bronze and the crystal is wonderfully AR coated, there's no reflections off the case and almost no harsh reflections off the dial, and that makes shooting brain dead simple. Set the lights right and *presto* -- I love shooting this watch.

So, here ya go, starting with proof of life at Chez AlbertaTime:

And the rest...

So, I'll keep this around for a few days, show some friends, and then get it headed to BL.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 5th 2019, 9:34pm

conjurer wrote:
December 5th 2019, 9:01pm
Fantastic pics! Too bad about the slight damage; if I had been on a journey like the Bomber's, I'd be a little fucked up, too.
Huawei P30Pro photos. The camera is a smartphone monster if one shoots in its default zoom and macro lengths.

I'm sure bezel inserts are a thing, and I'll happily put in some scratch to ensure the watch returns home at least close to how it left.

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 5th 2019, 9:49pm

Damned nice shots. Blue+bronze is great and that strap is top notch.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."-Roger Caras
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 5th 2019, 10:26pm

Very cool! Yeah, glare free images are hard to create! Looks great in your shots! I’m predisposed to not like bronze. Why? It’s bushing material... but then again, I’ve never worn the metal, so what the hell do I know... Slightly less than jackshit. Sure looks good here, AT!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 5th 2019, 10:55pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
December 5th 2019, 9:34pm
I'm sure bezel inserts are a thing, and I'll happily put in some scratch to ensure the watch returns home at least close to how it left.
Well, goddamn it, A-T, it isn't like you wore the thing while cutting your grass. It was fucked up by Canadian Post (the fact it got there in the first place is remarkable--from what I've heard, CP is loaded with criminals and other various foot-pads. Not to say that Canada is awash with lawbreakers, far from it. But apparently the very few felons in Canada are apparently employed by the Post Office.) The Bomber has been to the Far Antipodes and back, and various other places besides. Naturally, he will pick up a few scars. Think of it as additional patina!
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » December 5th 2019, 11:47pm

I packed that right nice. Right now I have a watch missing in Germany, thank goodness it's fully insured but a real loss if it's only a check to the buyer. CONUS only, verdammt.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 6th 2019, 12:14am

tiktok wrote:
December 5th 2019, 11:47pm
I packed that right nice. Right now I have a watch missing in Germany, thank goodness it's fully insured but a real loss if it's only a check to the buyer. CONUS only, verdammt.
Dang. Well, there is that.

Interestingly, in all my years of buying and selling, including to shipping to places as appalling as Mexico, Hong Kong and Canada (!), I've only had one watch go seriously wrong; this was a Seiko SKX009 I bought from a guy on the East Coast. The watch never arrived, and I contacted the seller after a decent wait, and he refunded my purchase. Then, six months later, the watch magically showed up in my mailbox, in perfect order. I contacted the seller again, and made payment for it.

I suppose I've just been lucky.

**(@
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » December 6th 2019, 12:21am

Fedex. Seriously, You need to use Fedex, when it really matters. Within Germany, when sending higher value watches, I also used a small "specialized carrier/courier service", as DHL will not allow anything with a value of more than 500 EUR, and these cock suckers have completely removed one of their former products, which was called "Wertbrief" (letter with valuable content).
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 6th 2019, 12:36am

gerdson wrote:
December 6th 2019, 12:21am
Fedex. Seriously, You need to use Fedex, when it really matters. Within Germany, when sending higher value watches, I also used a small "specialized carrier/courier service", as DHL will not allow anything with a value of more than 500 EUR, and these cock suckers have completely removed one of their former products, which was called "Wertbrief" (letter with valuable content).
I really like it when a German, like Herr gerdson, uses a word like "cock suckers". Actually, you can leave off the break between the words, and just type "cocksuckers." This is perfectly correct, and people in Germany will think that you are a fan of the HBO series Deadwood.

**(@
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » December 6th 2019, 12:41am

I did usps at the buyer's request. If you use FedEx to Canada they hammer you at customs. They never question USPS parcels. FedEx is in bed with the customs brokers.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 6th 2019, 12:51am

tiktok wrote:
December 6th 2019, 12:41am
I did usps at the buyer's request. If you use FedEx to Canada they hammer you at customs.
Dassa troof, I asked for USPS and like I said: I understand they make replacement bezels; I just don't know how all that works with Glycine. But this really coulda happened with Fedex, too, Life has its hazards.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 6th 2019, 12:53am

tiktok wrote:
December 5th 2019, 11:47pm
I packed that right nice.
Dassa troof, too. This ain't on tiktok. It was packed solidly. I could tell care was taken. It was obvious.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 6th 2019, 12:55am

The thing is, my life is good these days, and like I said, I want to make sure Thunder doesn't pay too high a price for his kindness.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 6th 2019, 1:01am

I've always used USPS. I make fun and stuff, but stuff happens and USPS has been actually pretty good with watches over the years.

gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » December 6th 2019, 2:46am

All o'dassa troof! I am sure the Fedex guys are also kicking around the parcels, but at least they don't not never get lost. However, those watches sent to me by USPS always arrived as well. Just only after weeks and weeks of transition time with no proper tracking info at all.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » December 6th 2019, 3:14am

conjurer wrote:
December 6th 2019, 12:36am
gerdson wrote:
December 6th 2019, 12:21am
I really like it when a German, like Herr gerdson, uses a word like "cock suckers". Actually, you can leave off the break between the words, and just type "cocksuckers." This is perfectly correct, and people in Germany will think that you are a fan of the HBO series Deadwood.
:mrgreen:

Dueto acertain memberhere, Iam becomingmore andmore insecureabout whetherto writethings inoneor severalwords, inEnglish ofcourse. InGermanthisisnoquestion...
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer

Return to “Bronze Blue Bomber”