Finally, Their New Wrist Offerings..

A place for forum darlings and such.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Finally, Their New Wrist Offerings..

Post by Thunder1 » January 16th 2020, 6:30am

Two new Combat Subs..a blue & black dial...

GLYCINE COMBAT SUB 42 VINTAGE FULL-BLACK

Since 2019 Fall, The Combat SUB gets a makeover, or should we say, the fusion of contemporary scratch-resistant sleek black case with ode-to-past "explorer" textured dial from the early 60s. Let's welcome the Combat SUB Vintage 42 Full-Black Ref. GL0269, made from 316L stainless steel, blasted in PVD blackout finishing. It measures at 42mm and 10.6mm thin for unsurpassed comfort on all wrist sizes. The short lugs to lugs length of 49.5mm together with the unique downward curving lugs meant the watch wraps around the wrist like a pair of gloves.

What are good looks without performance? The large screw-down crown is easy to grip, and screws in and out without any sense of roughness in the screw threads contributed mostly by the larger than usual screw tube.

Our Price: USD580 (Free DHL Express + Free NATO Strap)

Entirely hand-finished and Made in Switzerland, the watch is done in a full blackout manner with the new full-satin finished case, giving the military diver a more personalized feel while staying synonymous with Glycine The 60 clicks unidirectional rotating bezel clicks positively in place with little play for added confidence. The golden markers on the bezel insert paired with a gilded red triangle pip at 12 o 'clock that conform a hint to the vintage theme.

Further, the Combat Sub is water-resistant to a modest 200m. The Combat comes with a sapphire crystal with three layers of anti-reflective coating on the underside for added clarity under different lighting conditions.

The vintage theme continues onto the dial. The black "sandy" textured dial is comme il faut, featuring painted block with bold Arabic numbers at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, finishing up with one triangle-shaped hour marker at 12' o'clock. The handset aesthetic kept in the Glycine's diver tradition, along with the hour markers and Arabic numbers filled with the right amount of C3 SuperLuminova for superb glow-in-the-dark. Oh, did we mention the date display at 4 o'clock is done in red to liven things up a little more while matching with the bezel's triangle pip and the "SUB 20 ATM" wordings at 6 o'clock?

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/ ... ref-gl0269

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/ ... ref-gl0260
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Finally, Their New Wrist Offerings..

Post by TemerityB » January 16th 2020, 6:00pm

They are quite attractive, indeed.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » January 24th 2020, 11:52am

I've not had a problem w/ the 8 Glycines I've purchased(still have 7 of them & at least one more w/b on the way)...3 of my friends at work own them(one owns 3) & they report no problems, either...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 24th 2020, 1:56pm

From the two bronze Combat subs, one the BBB and now the black version I bought from Smells, I can say they are as good or better than CW. Gladly will add others.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » January 24th 2020, 2:33pm

Love Eyal or hate him, it can't be denied that the acquisition, by Invicta of Glycine ,has saved the brand, kept them in their original Swiss factory, and provided countless WIS with access to previously unavailable and iconic watches. (esp. the Airman line)
I agree that Invicta sucks and there is no guarantee that Glycines future is assured past today.
But in the 3+ years since Invictas involvement is has been a huge success story.
Budman2k

Post by Budman2k » January 24th 2020, 2:57pm

foghorn wrote:
January 24th 2020, 2:33pm
Love Eyal or hate him, it can't be denied that the acquisition, by Invicta of Glycine ,has saved the brand, kept them in their original Swiss factory, and provided countless WIS with access to previously unavailable and iconic watches. (esp. the Airman line)
I agree that Invicta sucks and there is no guarantee that Glycines future is assured past today.
But in the 3+ years since Invictas involvement is has been a huge success story.
Well said Foggy :Thumbsup:
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » January 31st 2020, 6:31am

Well, the Iguanasell site has the new range of Vintage Combat subs..the bronze/red dial & green bezel/black dial interest me the most right now..hopefully, these will find their way to the more affordable(read reasonably priced!!)Ashford watches, Glycine Direct & Watchgooroo sites..
https://www.iguanasell.com/collections/ ... hes?page=2
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » January 31st 2020, 6:33am

Thunder1 wrote:
January 31st 2020, 6:31am
Well, the Iguanasell site has the new range of Vintage Combat subs..the bronze/red dial & green bezel/black dial interest me the most right now..hopefully, these will find their way to the more affordable(read reasonably priced!!)Ashford watches, Glycine Direct & Watchgooroo sites..
https://www.iguanasell.com/collections/ ... hes?page=2

Wow!! Those prices are ridiculous!!

Return to “Glycine”