Evine to showcase new Invicta Airman

A place for forum darlings and such.
koimaster
Founder

Evine to showcase new Invicta Airman

Post by koimaster » May 22nd 2019, 3:17pm

A next generation Glycine Airman takes off tonight, 8pm EST on Evine!
The latest evolution of the legendary pilot watch with a Cordura bracelet and GMT scale. I know foghorn and thunder will be watching from the edge of their seats.

:fsd:

https://www.evine.com/Product/669-295?i ... er=VigLink

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Evine to showcase new Invicta Airman

Post by foghorn » May 22nd 2019, 3:28pm

Nope. I wouldn't watch that crap no matter what they were selling.
Glycine has never been known for their quartz offerings. Plus for the price of this POS you can get two classic Airman autos like the Chief and the base 22.
Lest we forget Hamilton has put out a few questionable designs over the past few years too. Bomb Timer, Base Jumper, Below Zero and more.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » May 22nd 2019, 8:02pm

If even peripherally that watch puts as much as a penny in Lalo's pocket, they can shove it.

Standing firm - I remain anti-Invicta anything for life. Never changing that stance.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 22nd 2019, 10:24pm

Interestingly, right now on Urine Live this very wartche is being shilled showcased by Invicter Lyin' and Jawbone Lite™, Todd Newton. Also interesting is the fact that Eyal Glycine has decided to go back to the old dial logo, instead of the proto-Fascist-Neil-Patrick-Harris-in-Starship Troopers's-hat-badge.

Also interesting, if anybody wishes to check it out, on item 648-986, the Glycine 42mm Combat Classic Swiss Made Automatic Chronograph Watch--err, Wartche--which supposedly has a modified 7750 movement, the on air sample, with the chronograph running, clearly shows the chrono seconds hand jerking like a spastic on the bottom half of the dial, then resuming a normal 8bps sweep around the 45 minute mark.

Behold, the wonder of the hand of Eyal!
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » May 23rd 2019, 4:52am

TemerityB wrote:If even peripherally that watch puts as much as a penny in Lalo's pocket, they can shove it.

Standing firm - I remain anti-Invicta anything for life. Never changing that stance.

Glad to see this comment....
Given the membership's usual stance on anything involving Lalo, I'm not really "getting" the love for Glycine.
Granted, it's got it's own separate history and it's an overall better brand, but the new money is going to make its way to Lalo eventually.
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » May 23rd 2019, 5:36am

JAS1125 wrote:
TemerityB wrote:If even peripherally that watch puts as much as a penny in Lalo's pocket, they can shove it.

Glad to see this comment....
Given the membership's usual stance on anything involving Lalo, I'm not really "getting" the love for Glycine.
Granted, it's got it's own separate history and it's an overall better brand, but the new money is going to make its way to Lalo eventually.

Morning, sir..I just think a # of us can appreciate both the current quality levels(and appearance) and price points, of many of Glycine's Airman and Combat offerings at grey market sites such as Ashfords, as well as those of their authorized dealer on Ebay,Glycine-Direct... ;)
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » May 23rd 2019, 6:27am

The post-Lalo announcement price drops across the board were fortuitous and I was actively hunting a decent 24 hour product for some time which, apart from Glycine, were pretty thin on the ground. However, once scratched, the itch didn't return and the product still serves a real world function when travelling. Though it hardly hits its stride on a direct trip to London as opposed to being whipsawed through Dubai.

Lalo has been evicted from my head but he perhaps left behind some small amount of baggage and detritus and thus forfeited his security deposit on the leased space. I've been unmoved by their diver offerings but I'm usually unmoved by dive watches generally unlike many WIS - a phenomenon for which I have no explanation.

The Glycine will be dusted off as soon as my passport renewal is received. But I'm not feeling any urge to add any of its brethren to my meager collection with Lalo not really entering the equation. I scored the one I wanted and it serves well.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » May 23rd 2019, 6:47am

foghorn wrote: I am glad that I have been able to kick Lalo out of my head.

Obviously. Much easier for you to purchase more of his watches that way.

Though I believe you trying to convince others to do likewise on this endeavor will prove mostly fruitless, I wish you all the best.

Welcome to the watchlords liberal echo chamber

Copyright ©️ 2020 codguy media.

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » May 23rd 2019, 8:11am

foghorn wrote:I'm sure if Lior and not Lalo were involved with Glycine you'd be singing a different tune.

Uhm, nope. Ben-Shmuel is dead to me as well.
Those days have past many years ago.................. unlike others here, I have moved on.

Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » May 23rd 2019, 8:33am

Lior? Personally I would prefer Citizen who leaves well enough alone in the case of La Joux-Perret and Arnold and Son. But retail customers don't get input into such things.

Working within the restraints given Lior would result in no Glycine at all whereas Lalo results in Glycine product remaining on the market. Lior attempted to void the Swiss FH's US Trademarks through legal means and failed whereas Lalo simply ignored them until the FH was prodded into action perhaps due to a general downturn in Swiss sales more so than the deluge of reports offered by those such as ourselves. Lior was perhaps gifted with an investment firm that underestimated the impact of the loss to AP in the courts which may or may not have been a factor in padlocking the facilities while Lior escaped relatively unscathed.

Kind of a Hobson's choice complicated by the observation that SWI is deader than Elvis while Lalo marches on - quite possibly using Glycine as a tax write-off as the product seems not to have been overtly cheapened while distribution has increased accompanied by a retail price reduction. All conjecture of course.

Ironically, if the wild-ass conjecture regarding a tax write off has any validity, purchases of the product would be a net loss to Lalo which he would recover only as reduced tax and purchased credibility and would gladden the hearts of those not wishing to line his pockets. Pity it will remain only conjecture. And only my personal conjecture.

It is mildly intriguing that Lalo's limited current offerings of compliant Swiss Made product is by virtue of paying Sellita to case their movement into Heromex parts without apparently involving Glycine. Intriguing to me but ultimately meaningless. Heromex was claiming Glycine as a new account but I doubt this reflects any change in the origin of ancillary parts. Mathematical irony: any decrease in the cost of Asian parts works to increase the percentage value of Swiss parts and labor thus, if anything, moving Glycine's Swiss percentage higher than it once may have been.

A common refrain - ubiquitous to the point of triteness - from the deceased WG forum was "buy what you like and wear" and as the philosopher Bichon-Daddy was inclined to assert: "I own my own wallet". IMHO the source of the assertions does not invalidate the assertions themselves. After the dust settles anything the customer decides is valid.

Those wishing to buy a Glycine but loath to line Lalo's pocket are welcome to adopt my "tax write off grand unification and rationalization theory". It's in the public domain. The two goals are not mutually exclusive.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 23rd 2019, 9:53am

codguy wrote:
foghorn wrote:I'm sure if Lior and not Lalo were involved with Glycine you'd be singing a different tune.

Uhm, nope. Ben-Shmuel is dead to me as well.
Those days have past many years ago.................. unlike others here, I have moved on.

As one who had his privacy invaded, was both slandered and libeled by invicta shills and their followers, I do not let go of grudges easily. The insults to my late wife by the shills Mongo, Skel and georgetheinformant as well as scum such as Billy Smith, Spinner 420 and the keyboard commandos like ripitron and others of their ilk who threatened my life more than once had earned a permanent place in my contempt file. I want others to know if they are unaware of what shitbags some of the watchgeeks were and still are regardless of where they landed.

As to glycine, my contempt for lalo is well known on all forums and social media platforms. I have been amused by his complete destruction of technomarine and his fake "swiss brands" like S.Coifman but Glycine was a real company that ran into trouble. A few weeks ago, aside from contacting glycine themselves, I also contacted two folks I know in the industry and asked them for their input. Glycine is in fact run by the same folks as before. IWG provides marketing expertise and money. For those who were unaware, Glycine was not family owned for several years previous to IWG purchasing them.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/invicta-ac ... e-watches/

1946-2006

Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » May 23rd 2019, 10:40am

foghorn wrote:Take what you read at Heromex with a shaker of salt. They also claim that Invicta is a Swiss Famous brand. The page from their site oft posted here hardly exudes confidence in their info.

Actually they claimed to be the manufacturer of "Swiss Invicta". A plausible confusion given the story popular at the time regarding inclusion of a Swiss movement in an otherwise Chinese watch to be in accordance with USCBP's definition of a Swiss watch.

But perhaps not as entertaining as Skelton trying to sell the idea that Kowloon, Hong Kong wasn't part of China fully 15 years after Hong Kong was part of China. He should have tried to gain employment with FedEx which insisted a shipment of mine from Saigon was detained by customs. They meant Singapore but I'd grown inured to such minor details.

If I were forced to admit who I offer greater credibility to - Heromex or Lalo, well, it's gotta be Heromex. In a contest between Heromex and Foghorn I'd go with the rewster.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » May 23rd 2019, 10:50am

koimaster wrote: Glycine is in fact run by the same folks as before. IWG provides marketing expertise and money. For those who were unaware, Glycine was not family owned for several years previous to IWG purchasing them.

Didn't know that, and it does put things into a different perspective
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » May 23rd 2019, 12:13pm

koimaster wrote:
codguy wrote:

As one who had his privacy invaded, was both slandered and libeled by invicta shills and their followers, I do not let go of grudges easily. The insults to my late wife by the shills Mongo, Skel and georgetheinformant as well as scum such as Billy Smith, Spinner 420 and the keyboard commandos like ripitron and others of their ilk who threatened my life more than once had earned a permanent place in my contempt file. I want others to know if they are unaware of what shitbags some of the watchgeeks were and still are regardless of where they landed.

My comment wasn't about the fucked up shit others have pulled on you, it was simply to address that once I purchased my Armand Nicolet SWI wartchs, I turned my back on the company, moved on and never looked back.

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 23rd 2019, 12:27pm

codguy wrote:
koimaster wrote:
codguy wrote:

My comment wasn't about the fucked up shit others have pulled on you, it was simply to address that once I purchased my Armand Nicolet SWI wartchs, I turned my back on the company, moved on and never looked back.

And I do not blame you. Those are very nice watches indeed. I was at watchrecon yesterday checking out a couple.

1946-2006

Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » May 23rd 2019, 12:31pm

JAS1125 wrote:
koimaster wrote: Glycine is in fact run by the same folks as before. IWG provides marketing expertise and money. For those who were unaware, Glycine was not family owned for several years previous to IWG purchasing them.

Didn't know that, and it does put things into a different perspective

So it would seem. There's little question that Glycine's marketing channels were the pits or that they still managed to hemorrhage cash selling the product at the old retail prices.

While it pains me just the tiniest bit to offer credit where it might possibly be due, if Eyal has kept from fucking up the thing while putting the name in front of an order of magnitude more customers it can't be all bad. I suppose some of us live in justifiable fear that he'll Technomarine the poor schlubs. But it's probable that if it happens we'll have plenty of notice.
tiktok

Post by tiktok » May 23rd 2019, 2:10pm

I have a shipping label to repair mine but I'm just figgerin'it might be cheaper to buy new, not that I will. The tool wAtch i am hot on is the Archimede Outdoor Protect from the famed casemaker to the German stars, Ickler. Comes anti magnetic in 41mm and 39mn not anti-
mag. Personally I would wear 39 in blue on a Nato, the case is ice hardened, the bracelet not. $900, shows up used too .

Return to “Glycine”