Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

A place for forum darlings and such.
User avatar
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 2080
Joined: March 8th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by NorthCountry » May 21st 2019, 4:21pm

Thunder1 wrote:
foghorn wrote:^^^^^^


Perfect

Agreed!!..a perfect look for that bad baby!!..if there is nothing wrong w/ the original strap, I'd be interested in purchasing it for a good price..pls let me know..you can keep the buckle..


Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 5629
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by Thunder1 » May 21st 2019, 4:44pm

NorthCountry wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
foghorn wrote:^^^^^^


Perfect

Agreed!!..a perfect look for that bad baby!!..if there is nothing wrong w/ the original strap, I'd be interested in purchasing it for a good price..pls let me know..you can keep the buckle..


Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 2080
Joined: March 8th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by NorthCountry » May 21st 2019, 6:21pm

Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
foghorn wrote:^^^^^^


Perfect

Agreed!!..a perfect look for that bad baby!!..if there is nothing wrong w/ the original strap, I'd be interested in purchasing it for a good price..pls let me know..you can keep the buckle..


Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..



Really? A fiasco in the bud perhaps. My strap is 24mm. It couldn't have worked out even if it was perfect. You'll find one.
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Posts: 38212
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 100000918104351
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by koimaster » May 21st 2019, 11:35pm

foghorn wrote:I'll switch from the 2006 WUS forum darling to a current forum darling.
It ain't easy bein' green.




Image




Was that dievas, invicta or zodiac?
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Posts: 38212
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 100000918104351
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by koimaster » May 22nd 2019, 8:12am

foghorn wrote:
koimaster wrote:


Was that dievas, invicta or zodiac?



IW Marine Diver


Image


Ahh, I remember that and all of the marina miltaires out there. Wasn't there some seller named lulay or something similar?
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 19271
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by foghorn » May 22nd 2019, 9:27am

koimaster wrote:
Ahh, I remember that and all of the marina miltaires out there. Wasn't there some seller named lulay or something similar?





That I don't recall. I got this from a BDWF (the original) member named WatchRick. He was up from Florida an business and we met for lunch.
Image
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Posts: 38212
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 100000918104351
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by koimaster » May 22nd 2019, 9:37am

foghorn wrote:
koimaster wrote:
Ahh, I remember that and all of the marina miltaires out there. Wasn't there some seller named lulay or something similar?





That I don't recall. I got this from a BDWF (the original) member named WatchRick. He was up from Florida an business and we met for lunch.


I remember the name WatchRick. I wonder what ever happened to some of these folks? It seems invicta hate or love as well as tv watch companies combined to get members into forums back in the day. Now it is all facebook it seems and the lemmings have taken over that platform as well.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 7477
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by Falstaff » May 22nd 2019, 12:45pm

Today I'm wearing an Incursore - stainless case auto, white California dial, brown croc strap just like this 'un on the bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GLYCINE-INCURS ... SwXQZZdWYH
I believe I paid about $230 during that first big Glycine sell-off after Invicter took over.
"When the music's over, turn out the lights."
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 6302
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by codguy » May 22nd 2019, 2:09pm

Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..


It's all good, the hands are still attached and that is what really counts.
.


Image
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 5629
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by Thunder1 » May 22nd 2019, 2:46pm

kevco wrote:
foghorn wrote:I'll switch from the 2006 WUS forum darling to a current forum darling.
It ain't easy bein' green.




Image


I am thinking of getting this one on bracelet.

I think it looks the sharpest on a mesh bracelet..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 29790
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by conjurer » May 22nd 2019, 7:56pm

codguy wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..


It's all good, the hands are still attached and that is what really counts.


TMMLH.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 15657
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by TemerityB » May 22nd 2019, 8:07pm

conjurer wrote:
codguy wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..


It's all good, the hands are still attached and that is what really counts.


TMMLH.


:lol:
Someone told me years ago that you never see a hearse being followed by an armored car. - Datsun240Z71
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 9499
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by Hawk » May 26th 2019, 4:50pm

I only wear mine when travel makes it worthwhile. Or, sometimes, to participate in a Glycine thread.

It turns out my Thai wife needs to jump through hoops for our planned trip to London so the fate of the DC-4 remains uncertain.

Somebody should put together a list where one could select one's passport country for multiple travelers and then push a button to see where both can go visa-free. A little Python or Java should do it. Pity I've lost my meager knowledge of such things.

Minus international travel my specific Glycine mostly gathers dust but all is forgiven the moment I step on a plane.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 9499
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Post by Hawk » May 29th 2019, 10:24am

foghorn wrote:Took advantage of Panatimes Memorial Day sale



Nice one you old Rewster, you.

Does this mean you've now got two watches displaying time in 24 hour format?


Might as well cave in to the inevitable if you haven't done so already: "user control panel" / "board preferences" / "Date Format" - you can adjust the date format to display times in 24 hour format.

Mine looks like...

Image
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
Post Reply

Return to “Glycine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest