A Golden Eye finds new shoes...

A place for forum darlings and such.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

A Golden Eye finds new shoes...

Post by Thunder1 » October 16th 2019, 3:27pm

Well, the Glycine Gl0173(Golden Eye) that I've recently rec'd has found a happy home...my only real issue w/ it stemmed from the fact that it came w/ a black nylon NATO strap...I just don't like either the look or the feel of these straps..here's a pic of what it looked like when I rec'd it a few days ago...

During my lunch break today, I replaced that strap w/ a 22mm medium brown colored leather Hamilton strap that I had stored in a dresser drawer..I'm pretty pleased to report that this replacement strap rather nicely compliments the brown bezel and gold colored indices...and that the white stitching does the same for the white lumed hour markers..and at $379.00 out the door(+ the cost of the replacement strap), I think these guys make for very fine bargains in our world of watches..
IMG_1754.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thunder1 on October 20th 2019, 11:37am, edited 2 times in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: A Golden Eye finds new shoes...

Post by Thunder1 » October 16th 2019, 5:10pm

foghorn wrote:
October 16th 2019, 3:47pm
Dammit Chuck!
I guess I'll check out Strapcode.
You know, maybe it isn't a Hammy watch band..maybe it's a Hirsch?..anyways, I didn't really notice it until I put it on, but the sides of the strap are black!..so, looking at it(the watch) on it's side(s), the black case is a nice match for this strap!!..who would have thunk??.. :mrgreen:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: A Golden Eye finds new shoes...

Post by Thunder1 » October 17th 2019, 3:00pm

Falstaff wrote:
October 17th 2019, 2:27pm
Handsome. MY G-e (preowned) came on a NATO as well. I've been looking for a replacement. Something like this could certainly fit the bill.
Pics or it didn't happen, sir..

Return to “Glycine”