Comparing Mechanical Watches Under $1,000

koimaster
Founder

Comparing Mechanical Watches Under $1,000

Post by koimaster » March 16th 2020, 4:38pm

From Seiko, Hamilton, And Tissot[/b

Great watches exist at every price point, and today, we're taking a look at three watches that are under $1,000. In fact, one of these watches is even under $500. Having serious horological chops isn't necessarily a function of price, and these three watches prove it. Industrialized production practices and economies of scale have allowed cutting-edge technology and materials to be used even in watches that are affordable to the masses.

Today, we have three watches that embody the notion that you can get a whole lot of watch for a reasonable sum of money, from Seiko, Hamilton, and Tissot – three companies which all strive to offer extra bang for the buck, but in distinctly different ways.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/best- ... 1cc48dd36b

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Comparing Mechanical Watches Under $1,000

Post by biglove » September 17th 2020, 1:59am

Never had one. Is a $30 Chinese watch and they have their place but let's be honest, it can hardly be thrown into the ring with more expensive watches.

Tell me why you find them to be such a great product, other than a disposable price.
Last edited by biglove on September 17th 2020, 6:31am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » September 17th 2020, 7:56pm

codguy wrote:
September 17th 2020, 5:35am
watchlife wrote:
September 17th 2020, 12:24am
I prefer Megalith's mechanical watches. Affordable price and high quality.
This post should be saved for a "Comparing Mechanical Watches Under $30" thread.
Even with the insufficient number of tymeknobs, I would buy thirty of those bad boys and wear them all in good health.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
majt

Post by majt » September 19th 2020, 12:28pm

I have the turtle and I am impressed with all aspects. The accuracy is -1 to 2 secs a day. Its comfortable with band or bracelet. The day date is great and the lume is second to none.
Having said that, I have also been a Tissot fan for years. My first serious watch was a Tissot 516 sports model purchased in 1975. I see the Tissot silicium in my future.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 19th 2020, 5:49pm

So I am guessing Watchlife is somehow affiliated with the Megalith "brand"of watches since website is in his signature? Either that or he is one fanboi with some gumball machine wartch fetish.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 19th 2020, 6:05pm

biglove wrote:
September 19th 2020, 5:49pm
So I am guessing Watchlife is somehow affiliated with the Megalith "brand"of watches since website is in his signature? Either that or he is one fanboi with some gumball machine wartch fetish.
Probably works for them. I believe that someone from Megalith has registered here earlier this year...
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=48920&p=483015&hil ... th#p483015
...incurring some wrath reinforced with Cabriole table legs.

I think this is Round 2, and since table legs were brought out already, now it's time for the Watchlords Pineapple.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “General Watch talk”