bobbee wrote:
November 11th 2020, 11:28am
TemerityB wrote:
November 11th 2020, 9:40am
bobbee wrote:
November 11th 2020, 2:28am
I joined.
Have at him.
It's uncomfortable at the moment, as he has his tongue up my arse in the 'new member' thread I posted.
I saw this photo he posted, and his ring has the name 'BALFOUR' inside. Anyone know if that means anything?

He knows who you are by the way.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The many lies of Misterjingles

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 10:58am

Apparently, ol' Mr. V. Thief is still quite upset because I dared to besmirch his TV watch some time ago. Once again, he hijacks a WURW thread on WIT (reprinted verbatim):

One of my guilty pleasures from the 'ol collezioni, a very nice SAN1 reissue with good 'ol cousin Mickey! Why a guilty pleasure? you ask. Well, a couple or three years back, at an "other site," one of the "regulars" decided to do an end-of-year summary of the Horological Year just [then] passed. In a typical demonstration of 'diarrhea of the keyboard,' this talentless "horologist" hit all of the lowest of the low hanging fruit, brands like Stuhrling Original, Swiss Legend and, of course, Invicta.

But this broad brusher of horologically-based hate went still farther, comparing Invicta's licensing agreement with Disney to the Hitler-Stalin pact of 1939.

"Really?" I thought. "Really?" Of course, that "other site" was just the kind of place where such non-thinking drivel was nothing more than the usual bêtise du jour, only with more four-letter words, etc, etc.

In an attempt to defend my own [admittedly somewhat dubious] purchase of this new series of rodent-decorated timepieces, I pointed out that I actually owned one of these babies, and noted further that it was nicely put together and had the benefit of one of the [then-new] Seiko "NH" dual-direction automatic movements. In short, I refuted his claims one by one, and then expressed my own belief that each and every watch should be looked at individually and then given a fair shake. (Oh, the blasphemy of THAT!!)

And the answer I got? Unprintable here, I'm afraid. Man acted as though I'd shot his cat, for cripes' sake! But that was what I'd come to expect "over there." Funny, though; those who think they're "all THAT" and more always seem to have the thinnest of skins when you point out the obvious flaws in their logic. While they're saying, "Look at my temerity!" many of us are caught thinking, 'Look at your stupidity!'

In other words, even Invicta deserves the benefit of the doubt from time to time, if only because sometimes they really DO knock it outta da park!!

Sad, just pathetic. To think my old year-end review keeps a mouse like this up at night fills me with the holiday I've been missing up to now. He can't let it go.

He can't let us go.

Aww.

I'm debating ripping him a new one right on that WURW thread. Aching to do it. Who cares about WIT anyway.

So here, I'll update my original thoughts on his $65 heirloom: It's a clown watch worn by a clown. Merry fucking Christmas. Hope you feel better, you pantload.
Last edited by TemerityB on December 14th 2020, 11:36am, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
bobbee (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by bobbee » December 14th 2020, 11:20am

TemerityB wrote:
December 14th 2020, 10:58am
Apparently, ol' Mr. V. Thief is still quite upset because I dared to besmirch his TV watch some time ago. Once again, he hijacks a WURW thread on WIT (reprinted verbatim to):

One of my guilty pleasures from the 'ol collezioni, a very nice SAN1 reissue with good 'ol cousin Mickey! Why a guilty pleasure? you ask. Well, a couple or three years back, at an "other site," one of the "regulars" decided to do an end-of-year summary of the Horological Year just [then] passed. In a typical demonstration of 'diarrhea of the keyboard,' this talentless "horologist" hit all of the lowest of the low hanging fruit, brands like Stuhrling Original, Swiss Legend and, of course, Invicta.

But this broad brusher of horologically-based hate went still farther, comparing Invicta's licensing agreement with Disney to the Hitler-Stalin pact of 1939.

"Really?" I thought. "Really?" Of course, that "other site" was just the kind of place where such non-thinking drivel was nothing more than the usual bêtise du jour, only with more four-letter words, etc, etc.

In an attempt to defend my own [admittedly somewhat dubious] purchase of this new series of rodent-decorated timepieces, I pointed out that I actually owned one of these babies, and noted further that it was nicely put together and had the benefit of one of the [then-new] Seiko "NH" dual-direction automatic movements. In short, I refuted his claims one by one, and then expressed my own belief that each and every watch should be looked at individually and then given a fair shake. (Oh, the blasphemy of THAT!!)

And the answer I got? Unprintable here, I'm afraid. Man acted as though I'd shot his cat, for cripes' sake! But that was what I'd come to expect "over there." Funny, though; those who think they're "all THAT" and more always seem to have the thinnest of skins when you point out the obvious flaws in their logic. While they're saying, "Look at my temerity!" many of us are caught thinking, 'Look at your stupidity!'

In other words, even Invicta deserves the benefit of the doubt from time to time, if only because sometimes they really DO knock it outta da park!!

Sad, just pathetic. To think my old year-end review keeps a mouse like this up at night fills me with the holiday I've been missing up to now. He can't let it go.

He can't let us go.

Aww.

I'm debating ripping him a new one right on that WURW thread. Aching to do it. Who cares about WIT anyway.

So here, I'll update my original thoughts on his $65 heirloom: It's a clown watch worn by a clown. Merry fucking Christmas. Hope you feel better, you pantload.
I just replied to him.

https://watchintyme.com/index.php?threa ... ost-770528
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: The many lies of Misterjingles at Wit

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 11:22am

conjurer wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:18pm
Mort, or Don, or misterjingles, or whatever the fuck he wants to call himself, is really a man of no account. He's a silly, stupid fellow.

Over the years, we have had here at Watchlords members who are, indeed, of account, members who I respect greatly. They joined and then, at some point, let people in about their actual situations, afraid that, sooner or later, they might be "outed." They came to realize that the other members here might think less of them if they didn't disclose their situations. I respect them for that. To this day, they are remarkable people, and valued members, and bring a fine and interesting slant on the hobby and our interactions with them.

But not Mort. He was a liar. I believed in him, and went so far as to send him PMs asking how he was doing each 9/11; I feel a fool now, but Mort is dead to me. He is a man of no account. He can say what he likes to the WIT-less; perhaps they will believe him or perhaps not. I don't care.

I have met, in real life, members here, and broken bread with them. They are the real deal.

Mort isn't. He's a sham. He is nothing.
A bump for timeliness. Can't put it any better than this.

Nice job, bobbee. I'm inches away from doing something similar, but right now, I'm thinking why should a "talentless horologist" such as myself waste my time arguing with someone who is clearly softer than a 12-pack of Lite Twinkies.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » December 14th 2020, 11:36am

Do I miss this juvenile acting "adult" here???? Nope

From one of his posts today at WIT.....

"You oughtta get like a GOOGLETILLION extra points for adding this obviously sweet, beautiful dawg pic. I love me them dawgs!! AWL them dawgs!! Yep. Love 'em AWL, I does... (Please drop a smooch on this pooch for me, if'n you git the chance tudday, mawn amy...)

He's not even embarrassed in the least. Just goes to show you the level of intelligence there.

#LETSGOBRANDON

bobbee (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by bobbee » December 14th 2020, 11:38am

codguy wrote:
December 14th 2020, 11:36am

"You oughtta get like a GOOGLETILLION extra points for adding this obviously sweet, beautiful dawg pic. I love me them dawgs!! AWL them dawgs!! Yep. Love 'em AWL, I does... (Please drop a smooch on this pooch for me, if'n you git the chance tudday, mawn amy...)

He's not even embarrassed in the least. Just goes to show you the level of intelligence there.
Werd, dood.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 11:41am

codguy wrote:
December 14th 2020, 11:36am

He writes like an escaped mental patient found a box of Crayolas and started scribbling on the sidewalk. He did while he was here, too, but I bit my tongue and just scrolled right by. He's gonna kill off WIT all by himself, like that George guy did at BDWF. Just wait and see. Some personalities are just so toxic that they just make people run off.

I complained to the mods there, which, of course, will do no good. I know the mouse has gonna scads of other complaints, which have resulted in bupkis. Which means WIT will continue to be the horological crazy house it was formed to be.
Last edited by TemerityB on December 14th 2020, 11:50am, edited 1 time in total.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 11:54am

codguy wrote:
December 14th 2020, 11:49am
TemerityB wrote:
December 14th 2020, 11:41am
He's gonna kill off WIT all by himself..... Just wait and see.
Then where will he go?
With any justice, he'll get his own page here: http://stolenvalor.com/
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 2:12pm

bobbee wrote:
December 14th 2020, 2:05pm
Got a pm over there.

True - but jingles just got read the riot act. He's had his post removed, and he's been told not to talk about other forums (scroll up).

Power in numbers, friend. Even Steve did, at least, a little something. Your efforts were not in vain!
bobbee (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by bobbee » December 14th 2020, 2:18pm

TemerityB wrote:
December 14th 2020, 2:12pm
bobbee wrote:
December 14th 2020, 2:05pm
Got a pm over there.

True - but jingles just got read the riot act. He's had his post removed, and he's been told not to talk about other forums (scroll up).

Power in numbers, friend. Even Steve did, at least, a little something. Your efforts were not in vain!
Cheers, missed your post. I did take screengrabs of not only his original post but also my reply, something I learned with my 'doings' with the Vegas Virus.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 2:21pm

bobbee wrote:
December 14th 2020, 2:18pm

Cheers, missed your post. I did take screengrabs of not only his original post but also my reply, something I learned with my 'doings' with the Vegas Virus.
You rock. I bet the mouse is seething right now, but he had it coming. Big time. Thanks for getting involved - it couldn't have hurt. I know that anytime that guy Steve gets more than one note about something, he at least looks into it.

Return to “Talking Heads & Internet Trolls”