Thoughts?

User avatar
Masshole
Posts: 115
Joined: April 12th 2021, 11:53pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Thoughts?

Post by Masshole » April 13th 2021, 4:49pm

Just checking out the newest Ventura model. I wish silvertone was an option. I’m gravitating towards the rose gold although I’ve never owned a rose gold watch. For the Hamilton fans, what’s your thoughts on these?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 9250
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by 3Flushes » April 13th 2021, 5:36pm

Like the Ventura- I could live without the cardiogram. IDK why but it seems to be more pronounced on this style than on others.

The plating is ok if you're easy on cases. I am not.
Last edited by 3Flushes on April 13th 2021, 6:11pm, edited 2 times in total.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Founder
Posts: 43436
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by koimaster » April 13th 2021, 8:29pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
Masshole
Posts: 115
Joined: April 12th 2021, 11:53pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Masshole » April 13th 2021, 8:59pm

My very first Hamilton. Haven’t worn this one in a while. Looks like I’ll have to put this back in the rotation.
User avatar
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 1335
Joined: May 23rd 2013, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Too Far South, Floriduh
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by MAX » April 14th 2021, 3:54am

Hamilton makes some nice other watches.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17701
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by TemerityB » April 14th 2021, 3:15pm

I wish they'd make a new Ventura that's more of an homage to to the original watch not new ones that are the horological equivalent of Jesse Ventura on steroids. The closest to what I'd prefer are current quartz models that look like the original electrics, but, you know.
Now found at bestdamnwatchforum.
User avatar
Masshole
Posts: 115
Joined: April 12th 2021, 11:53pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Masshole » April 14th 2021, 3:36pm

TemerityB wrote:
April 14th 2021, 3:15pm
I wish they'd make a new Ventura that's more of an homage to to the original watch not new ones that are the horological equivalent of Jesse Ventura on steroids. The closest to what I'd prefer are current quartz models that look like the original electrics, but, you know.
I’ve never owned a vintage watch. I wouldn’t know where to begin.
User avatar
ocean
Master of Time
Posts: 3130
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Daytona Beach
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by ocean » April 14th 2021, 7:47pm

Masshole wrote:
April 14th 2021, 3:36pm
TemerityB wrote:
April 14th 2021, 3:15pm
I wish they'd make a new Ventura that's more of an homage to to the original watch not new ones that are the horological equivalent of Jesse Ventura on steroids. The closest to what I'd prefer are current quartz models that look like the original electrics, but, you know.
I’ve never owned a vintage watch. I wouldn’t know where to begin.
You just did. Their are a number of us that have dived head first into the vintage realm and have a lot of knowledge. Look at models that strike your fancy and then ask questions. Movements, case, straps, repair documents and most importantly buy for you not what others like and if you’re a masshole and yell go yanks I’ll slug you.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
User avatar
Masshole
Posts: 115
Joined: April 12th 2021, 11:53pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Masshole » April 14th 2021, 8:05pm

ocean wrote:
April 14th 2021, 7:47pm
Masshole wrote:
April 14th 2021, 3:36pm
TemerityB wrote:
April 14th 2021, 3:15pm
I wish they'd make a new Ventura that's more of an homage to to the original watch not new ones that are the horological equivalent of Jesse Ventura on steroids. The closest to what I'd prefer are current quartz models that look like the original electrics, but, you know.
I’ve never owned a vintage watch. I wouldn’t know where to begin.
You just did. Their are a number of us that have dived head first into the vintage realm and have a lot of knowledge. Look at models that strike your fancy and then ask questions. Movements, case, straps, repair documents and most importantly buy for you not what others like and if you’re a masshole and yell go yanks I’ll slug you.
😂 thanks....will do
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 10420
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Hawk » April 18th 2021, 12:03pm

The glitzy one is not my favorite Hamilton but anything from Hamilton brings back fond memories of Larry shitting his pants on live TV when Tim Temple detonated an inevitable lawsuit.

Not my favorite home shopping moment - that remains the guy that nearly de-nutted himself with a fake katana.
User avatar
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Posts: 5129
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by svaglic » April 18th 2021, 12:29pm

076997EA-596E-477E-B999-0CB12BD2A8E5.jpeg
DEECBD3B-2B07-4EE8-84FE-6D269AB09AB7.jpeg
Check out this Hamilton Micro Rotor. Today micro rotors run in the thousands, but a good vintage is around 350.00, cheaper if you look around. I also got the linen dial with this micro rotor.
I researched this watch and knew it had a micro rotor. On eBay I found a seller who didn’t remove the back for movement picture and there were hardly any bids on it because people didn’t know, so I got it for a real good price.

A movement picture is in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=31235&p=325688&hil ... or#p325688
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Masshole
Posts: 115
Joined: April 12th 2021, 11:53pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Masshole » April 18th 2021, 5:12pm

svaglic wrote:
April 18th 2021, 12:29pm
076997EA-596E-477E-B999-0CB12BD2A8E5.jpegDEECBD3B-2B07-4EE8-84FE-6D269AB09AB7.jpeg
Check out this Hamilton Micro Rotor. Today micro rotors run in the thousands, but a good vintage is around 350.00, cheaper if you look around. I also got the linen dial with this micro rotor.
I researched this watch and knew it had a micro rotor. On eBay I found a seller who didn’t remove the back for movement picture and there were hardly any bids on it because people didn’t know, so I got it for a real good price.

A movement picture is in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=31235&p=325688&hil ... or#p325688
I’m really loving that dial. Sounds like you struck gold with this one.
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 8672
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Falstaff » April 19th 2021, 8:08am

I'm perfectly fine with gold plating and that one looks very sharp - particularly on rubber, but how many damn Venturas do you want?
"Who are you?" "I am the new Number Two." "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six."
Post Reply

Return to “Hamilton”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest