Turd is thrown for loss against Hamilton

koimaster
Founder

Turd is thrown for loss against Hamilton

Post by koimaster » November 19th 2020, 1:12pm

Lewis Hamilton loses three-year-legal battle to ban luxury watchmaker’s ‘Hamilton’ brand

The Formula One world champion took action against Hamilton International
He claimed trademark thwarted ‘fair competition’ and had not even been used
Swiss firm protested it had been selling watches bearing the name since 1892
EU Intellectual Property Office said Hamilton had no ‘natural right’ to the name
By Jack Elsom For Mailonline

Published: 14:02 GMT, 19 November 2020 | Updated: 16:25 GMT, 19 November 2020

Lewis Hamilton’s winning streak has ended after losing a three-year legal battle with luxury watchmaker Hamilton International.

The Formula One world champion took action against the Swiss firm after it registered the name ‘Hamilton’ as a trademark, giving them exclusive rights to use the brand on accessories across Europe.

Lawyers for the Mercedes star’s company 44IP tried to void the application and claimed it had been filed in ‘bad faith,’ thwarted ‘fair competition’ and had not even been put to use.

Hamilton International, part of the Swatch Group, hit back with evidence that they have been selling watches bearing the name since 1892.

The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) agreed and have now refused the racing driver’s company’s request to cancel the trademark.

https://expressinformer.com/lewis-hamil ... gkB0FpadQE

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Turd is thrown for loss against Hamilton

Post by bbattle » November 19th 2020, 5:32pm

I remember when Harley Davidson tried(maybe succeeded) in trademarking the sound of their motorcycles.

Bose actually did trademark decimal numbers used in naming speakers. An American firm, Thiel, had a speaker model called 2.2. Rather than spend money they didn't have to fight Bose in court, they simply deleted the decimal point and the speaker was renamed 2 2.

I kid you not.

Rather than go after a sleepy watch company most people have never heard of, he should have gone after the Broadway musical "Hamilton". :-)
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 19th 2020, 6:29pm

Three years?

Fucking world is off its axis. I'd like to meet the ambulance chaser that repped this clown.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 19th 2020, 8:04pm

Fucking unbelievable. Whatever court had that case, it should have dismissed that case at the very first hearing.

That lawyer is one thing, but I don’t know what the fuck was Lewis Hamilton thinking when he decided to go through with that. Based on this, I must say it beats me how this moron even races in F1, I would rate his intellect as insufficient for as much as operating a fucking wheelbarrow.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » November 21st 2020, 9:03pm

If Hamilton was smart,they'd offer him a sponsorship and put one on his wrist.

Total win for Hamilton.

Later edit: I heard he's signed to IWC :-)
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » November 22nd 2020, 10:56am

Seven time world champion has equaled or bested Michael Schumacher and he is still actively racing: He has clearly demonstrated he is the best driver in a generation...

So, why the douchery, ‘Louis’? You mad, Bro?

For fucks sake, that’s just embarrassing!!

NUVOLARI CONDEMNS THIS WILLFUL SHITDISTURBING!!
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “Hamilton”