Hamilton Releases the Long-Awaited “Murph” Watch

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Hamilton Releases the Long-Awaited “Murph” Watch

Post by Racer-X » February 11th 2019, 5:05pm

"In 2014, Christopher Nolan’s space-and-time-faring blockbuster Interstellar hit theaters. The film tells the the story of humanity under threat, with the Earth, ravaged by drought and famine brought on by climate change, no longer being able to sustain human life. Searching for a way to save humanity, a team of explorers led by Matthew McConaughey’s Joseph Cooper set out to explore a wormhole in search of a new planet. Before he departs on his mission, Cooper gives his daughter, Murph, his wristwatch as a keepsake, knowing that even in a best case scenario it would be decades before he’d be able see her again. He tells her to use it to track their relative time. Without getting too into the weeds of the plot, I’ll just say that the watch eventually plays a critical role in the film."

https://wornandwound.com/eureka-hamilton-releases-the-long-awaited-khaki-field-murph-watch-as-seen-in-christopher-nolans-interstellar/
Rusty
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hamilton Releases the Long-Awaited “Murph” Watch

Post by Rusty » February 11th 2019, 6:47pm

Now this is when I shake my head regarding Hamilton and they way they do business. The movie is old news. Why now release a watch related to this movie when they already released a pilot's watch for the original movie release. And it's not even that special of a watch. I guess that's why I don't work in the watch industry.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » February 11th 2019, 6:57pm

Rusty wrote:Now this is when I shake my head regarding Hamilton and they way they do business. The movie is old news. Why now release a watch related to this movie when they already released a pilot's watch for the original movie release. And it's not even that special of a watch. I guess that's why I don't work in the watch industry.

Indeed; if Hammy was any slower on the draw, they'd be The Merm.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 11th 2019, 7:45pm

Hamilton is all right by me - I own enough of 'em. Cripes, for the same price as TV junk like Aragon and Invicter, you can buy Hamilton watches of triple the quality, every single time (and heaven knows you can find some real deals gray).

They do love the movie tie-in thing, though, which I don't understand; I think they're chasing their next Men In Black hype. But, as i know fog and I have talked about a lot in the past decade or so, when Hamilton misfires, you can smell the turgid smoke for like two miles.
Last edited by TemerityB on February 11th 2019, 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 11th 2019, 7:45pm

SN13 wrote:Hamilton can be slow but I think this one is great!

Better a bit slow on the draw than having the hands fall off. :
^^^^
Good looking hammie

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
SN13

Post by SN13 » February 11th 2019, 8:19pm

TemerityB wrote:Hamilton is all right by me - I own enough of 'em. Cripes, for the same price as TV junk like Aragon and Invicter, you can buy Hamilton watches of triple the quality, every single time (and heaven knows you can find some real deals gray).

They do love the movie tie-in thing, though, which I don't understand; I think they're chasing their next Men In Black hype. But, as i know fog and I have talked about a lot in the past decade or so, when Hamilton misfires, you can smell the turgid smoke for like two miles.

I think nothing can misfire in 2019 as much as the AP 11.59 . . . . .

I mean at this point Rolex could release a quartz invicta clone and it would go over better. :mrgreen:

Return to “Hamilton”