Building your own Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms

Watch modifications
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Building your own Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms

Post by koimaster » March 4th 2019, 10:53am

Did you ever wake up one morning, see something that inspired you, and just know that you were going to do something. If you have then know the journey that happened to me when scrolling through eBay on a saturday morning when I saw a Seiko Modified Fifty Five Fathoms Homage.

Knowing I was on a path that others had followed before, within no time at all the internet was pointing me in directions for research, and possible purchases for the watch and parts required.

The chosen model was the Seiko SNZH5*** series, and a bit research had shown me that the number following the first 5 in the serial number was colour options for the same base watch with stainless bracelet. The SNZH57 was the model I wanted as the gold tones I felt matched the retro look of the FFF homage.

https://28daysearlier.com/2017/04/01/bu ... t-modding/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Building your own Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 5th 2019, 5:48am

What’s the point of that? That Seiko’s nice as it is, without the modding shite.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
bbattle
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Building your own Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms

Post by bbattle » August 23rd 2019, 2:36pm

People like to personalize their watches. I did that with my Elliot Brown and Undone but mine were more like factory options.

jeez, I was going to Google "crazy modded bicycles" but one of the suggested searches was for "crazy modded nerf guns". wow. Of course I looked. wish I hadn't.

Return to “Watch Modding”