Purple Disco Machine

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: Purple Disco Machine

Post by jason_recliner » October 18th 2022, 3:15am

bobbee wrote:
October 18th 2022, 1:09am
Very cool, but Jean Michel Jarre did it better over 40 years ago.
We used to listen to him during, er, relaxation sessions. Catchy, but not quite as joy inducing as PDM.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 21st 2022, 12:47am

jason_recliner wrote:
October 20th 2022, 10:16pm
3Flushes wrote:
October 20th 2022, 1:53am
I must be older than I thought.
Were you partying to disco the first time round?
Mostly at house parties, went to a club on Fridays ----- to hang out with friends kinda deal but can't stand it anymore. Primarily listened to the blues and rock and still listen to blues and classic rock primarily, but take in some jazz by artist and some classical.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » October 21st 2022, 5:24pm

I go to bed by 8pm so miss out on 99% of all human socialization after dark.

Then I'm up and at'em by 5am and get more stuff done before 99% humanity has gotten out of bed.

But at work today I listened to the Romantics, Rush, and Rammstein. My lab is always rockin'.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » October 21st 2022, 7:03pm

3Flushes wrote:
October 21st 2022, 12:47am
jason_recliner wrote:
October 20th 2022, 10:16pm
3Flushes wrote:
October 20th 2022, 1:53am
I must be older than I thought.
Were you partying to disco the first time round?
Mostly at house parties, went to a club on Fridays ----- to hang out with friends kinda deal but can't stand it anymore. Primarily listened to the blues and rock and still listen to blues and classic rock primarily, but take in some jazz by artist and some classical.
I didn't like disco when I was younger, really only into the harder stuff - techno, drum n bass, breaks. Figured disco was only for the girls and gays. But I love the slower happier easy going vibe of disco now.

If it thinks, it stinks
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » October 22nd 2022, 9:49am

I can dig that. Earth Wind & Fire has a laid back upbeat tone. But there are a lot of cool unknowns out there. I dig the trip-hop genre, if you will. Most of whom I do not know by name, but still enjoy.

I mean, it’s not all Pavarotti, Dino, & Renato Carosone all the time here… though it is a LOT of the time, if I’m honest. Maybe a little Hot Club if Paris to accommodate the feel of a country with a different tri-colore

That’s the beauty of music, isn’t it? Excluding all the “ethnic” music my phone has most recently delivered Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Miles Turdling, all the Kings {Albert, Freddie, & BB}, Clapton, Knopfler, The Who, Rush, Phish, the Dead, Morcheeba, Theivery Corporation, The Deadbeats, Notorious B.I.G., Men at Work, Morrissey, Oscar Peterson, Snoop Dogg, Pink Floyd, Sounds from The Underground, U2, Zero One, Wax Tailor, Taj Mahal - and that King Tut/Steve Martin guy, who is a helluva banjo plucker!

Like watches, some music has mass appeal while some makes people cringe - which, like me wearing an Invicta if I feel like it - is their gawddamn problem.

Jason - check out Poolside, too, for a cool disco-ish upbeat background. Pandora will let you sift though their miscellany.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » October 25th 2022, 4:24pm

Nuvolari wrote:
October 22nd 2022, 9:49am
I can dig that. Earth Wind & Fire has a laid back upbeat tone. But there are a lot of cool unknowns out there. I dig the trip-hop genre, if you will. Most of whom I do not know by name, but still enjoy.

I mean, it’s not all Pavarotti, Dino, & Renato Carosone all the time here… though it is a LOT of the time, if I’m honest. Maybe a little Hot Club if Paris to accommodate the feel of a country with a different tri-colore

That’s the beauty of music, isn’t it? Excluding all the “ethnic” music my phone has most recently delivered Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Miles Turdling, all the Kings {Albert, Freddie, & BB}, Clapton, Knopfler, The Who, Rush, Phish, the Dead, Morcheeba, Theivery Corporation, The Deadbeats, Notorious B.I.G., Men at Work, Morrissey, Oscar Peterson, Snoop Dogg, Pink Floyd, Sounds from The Underground, U2, Zero One, Wax Tailor, Taj Mahal - and that King Tut/Steve Martin guy, who is a helluva banjo plucker!

Like watches, some music has mass appeal while some makes people cringe - which, like me wearing an Invicta if I feel like it - is their gawddamn problem.

Jason - check out Poolside, too, for a cool disco-ish upbeat background. Pandora will let you sift though their miscellany.
Had a listen to some Poolside yesterday. Too loungey for me. Went through a big lounge phase in the late 90s, as did many.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » October 25th 2022, 8:18pm

bobbee wrote:
October 18th 2022, 1:09am
Very cool, but Jean Michel Jarre did it better over 40 years ago.
If you like Jean Michel Jarre you should wrap your ears around this:

https://youtu.be/JcPeIt2Cehg

Musically as good as JMJ IMO but so much better to listen to because the tech has progressed so far.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “The Music Shack”