Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post Reply
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33104
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by conjurer » September 16th 2021, 10:55pm

OK, so this is a new thing for Uncle fucking Conjurer--reaction videos; this is where some numbnuts Gen-Zer hears a good song for the first time, and realizes that music isn't all a bunch of jagoffs singing either about A) spoken lyrics with rip-off digital samples or worse, B) bullshit hymns about hairy ass broads with lesbionic tendencies.

Viz:



Or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TruszMvBUY
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 6797
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by Racer-X » September 17th 2021, 2:00am

conjurer wrote:
September 16th 2021, 10:55pm
OK, so this is a new thing for Uncle fucking Conjurer--reaction videos; this is where some numbnuts Gen-Zer hears a good song for the first time, and realizes that music isn't all a bunch of jagoffs singing either about A) spoken lyrics with rip-off digital samples or worse, B) bullshit hymns about hairy ass broads with lesbionic tendencies.

User avatar
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 758
Joined: December 11th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Mpls
Contact:

Re: Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by nimbleboy » September 17th 2021, 7:25am

Ha! Yeah, I think reaction videos are kind of amusing. My new music intake is pretty limited these days, but I'm not one to dismiss anything out of hand. There are still young people who learn to play instruments and write melodies. One I like who has a new record out... Japanese Breakfast (YMMV).

I hope videos like this one will open up that possibility to some folks who might otherwise go talk on top of a sample.
Is it safe?
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8117
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by smellody » September 17th 2021, 10:56pm

Jeeeeeeeeeeeebussssse

Who the [email protected]& in America has not heard the American anthem Devil Went Down to Georgia?

What genre of music???? What genre of music????

This is exactly what is wrong with this country. Damn hipsters.
   Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33104
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by conjurer » September 17th 2021, 11:10pm

smellody wrote:
September 17th 2021, 10:56pm
Jeeeeeeeeeeeebussssse

Who the [email protected]& in America has not heard the American anthem Devil Went Down to Georgia?

What genre of music???? What genre of music????

This is exactly what is wrong with this country. Damn hipsters.
Quite so. However, God loves the sinner who has come back to the fold.

goor#1
User avatar
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 17909
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by TemerityB » September 18th 2021, 5:38pm

Slightly off topic: I spent some time with Charlie Daniels and he was among the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Our politics were about as far apart as it could get, yet each time we talked he was reasonable, and about as caring a person as one could be. His work in raising funds for veterans is the stuff of legend.

As for the song, not my favorite CDB band tune, at all. But Mr. Daniels was a true old-school gent. My favorite song of Daniels': "The South's Gonna Do It Again," which, believe it or not, name drops a bunch of other southern musicians from start to finish. Even Elvin Bishop.

I also got to know Rusty Young and Paul Cotton of Poco, who recently died within four months of each other. I am VERY upset; both were musical heroes and good people. What a year this has been.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8117
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Reactions--The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Post by smellody » September 18th 2021, 5:42pm

TemerityB wrote:
September 18th 2021, 5:38pm
Slightly off topic: I spent some time with Charlie Daniels and he was among the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Our politics were about as far apart as it could get, yet each time we talked he was reasonable, and about as caring a person as one could be. His work in raising funds for veterans is the stuff of legend.

As for the song, not my favorite CDB band tune, at all. But Mr. Daniels was a true old-school gent. My favorite song of Daniels': "The South's Gonna Do It Again," which, believe it or not, name drops a bunch of other southern musicians from start to finish. Even Elvin Bishop.

I also got to know Rusty Young and Paul Cotton of Poco, who recently died within four months of each other. I am VERY upset; both were musical heroes and good people. What a year this has been.
Way too cool. Wow. You met him. He was royalty.
   Image
Post Reply

Return to “The Music Shack”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest