My favorite songs about New York

Ditchdoc

Re: My favorite New York Songs

Post by Ditchdoc » February 24th 2010, 6:11am

Sinatra and his big band sound never gets old. Frank almost does as good of an impression of himself as Joe Pisscopo does. They don't make stars like that anymore.

I'm in my early 40's so I missed out on a lot of that type of music and just developed an appreciation for it over the past 10 years after my grandfathers death. He had tons of it around his house. Really good stuff.

Empire state of mind is one of my favs from the current list of pop songs. A. Keys has an amazing voice. I hadn't seen the video until you posted it though. Cool.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 16th 2017, 1:53pm

foghorn wrote:I like Johann Sebastian Bronx, The Manhattan Transfer, and Queens.

It only took you seven years to come up with that!!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » December 16th 2017, 5:18pm

My favorite song about NYC is "Metropolitan Blue" by Robert Charels.

:wink:

Shameless, but WTF.

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » December 16th 2017, 9:29pm

svaglic wrote:I tried to post Nina Hagen's New York, but can't figure video posting out.

Use the youtube button, then insert the video link from the address bar (not the share link and not the mobile link, must be desktop).

Code: Select all

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShLbPCGCSk[/youtube]

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » December 16th 2017, 10:15pm

svaglic wrote:Thanks for posting it Russ.
I tried to post it from the address bar and I couldn't get it to show up, even tried removing the s. I'll keep at it.

You bet! The S no longer has to be removed in youtube links. There are lots of links that won't work like playlist, feature, mobile or share.

An easy way to check is to see that the url looks exactly like the one below, with no ampersand (&) with longer stuff after it at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShLbPCGCSk

Return to “The Music Shack”